She swallowed a glow plug

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Methinks… I will order one of these… 80028 plugs… as well as a 80034, and compare to the Motorcraft 6.9 and 7.3 plugs I have laying around…

Only one of each, doesn’t cost much, and I think I’m $30 curious

Black dawg

Reaction score
Do we have any exact application for the 80028? Napa doesnt use the Bosch numbers anymore.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some GP’s (all steel) for 2005 Passat TDI. But I believe they are 5v and would not cross over. I’ll grab a measurement as well.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Ordered a couple of the bosch 80028, and also a beru part number of the same plug. Most likely both the same plug. Looking at the pictures of these plugs doesn't look like they will fit. Distance from threads to tapered seat looks much farther.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a couple of the bosch 80028, and also a beru part number of the same plug. Most likely both the same plug. Looking at the pictures of these plugs doesn't look like they will fit. Distance from threads to tapered seat looks much farther.
Thanks for taking this over. I am sure you are more qualified than I to test these glow plugs, I am going to be away from my home and shop for a couple weeks so this should be a good boost to the research.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Mt truck has been showing signs of burnt out plugs, so timing was right to check out some other options. Will most likely put 80034s in it , but if there is a similar plug tbat uses bullet connectors, would be pretty cool.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Distance from threads to seat is too far. Won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online