Newest Project, 6 door Powerstroke

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

parts for the gtp38 are slowly starting to arrive, the turbo is at the post office, just gotta get time to pick it up during hours. And the v band clamp for the y pipe and a new set of oil cooler o rings are on the way. Next Thursday will be ordering a wicked wheel two and rebuild kit with the 360 degree thrust washer, just waiting to get back on my days off to pull the motor and then spec the crank main bearing and rod bearing journals to find out what I need. If not within tolerance, we will be digging into the piggy bank lol.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new Ford brand radiator for $100 shipped, off of ebay. It is for auto though. Any thoughts on using the transmission cooler for or just plugging?
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just cap mine.
but perhaps you can use it for a oil cooler???
PS cooler?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about all aftermarket radiators have the tranny cooler whether it's used or not. Easier than designing, listing, stocking, etc. two varieties of radiator for every vehicle. You obviously don't need to "plug" it; just leave those plastic plugs in it.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know about looks, those aluminum tanks on the more pricy radiators look mighty nice

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
GTP-38R is the good one.
But that's a good start.
No problem swapping the wheels. I've done two myself. No problems to date. Both get driven like there's no tomorrow. One also has a quick spool housing.
These are supposed to be balanced by each individual component, so no problems there. But he does have a good point, it's just not a problem on these.
Where's the progress?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying parts and been searching for a front solid axle, I ran across a thread on powerstroke nation. Guys were swapping in springs and axles, front and rear from super dutys. Are there any complications other than hanger locations? I have a good friend who has a junk yard with two 4x4 sd's. Should be working within 45 minutes of the house come July 1st and I will be greasy every night per say lmao.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I bought the dp but it's flange is too small for the gtp38, where can I find a vband flange only for the gtp38??

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Buying parts and been searching for a front solid axle, I ran across a thread on powerstroke nation. Guys were swapping in springs and axles, front and rear from super dutys. Are there any complications other than hanger locations? I have a good friend who has a junk yard with two 4x4 sd's. Should be working within 45 minutes of the house come July 1st and I will be greasy every night per say lmao.

PMF RSK kit will make installing a SD front axle a breeze. You will find a couple of thread over at PSN and PSA about doing that.