Newest Project, 6 door Powerstroke

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I bought the dp but it's flange is too small for the gtp38, where can I find a vband flange only for the gtp38??

e-bay.

not sure about the 1.10 housing. IMO this should be taken care of after the majority of the project is done.
get her running first! but its your truck do whatcha want...
but i would want to compare the 2 personally, and swapping a turbo housing is a hour or 2 job.

there are trailing arms on the 05+ SD coil spring front ends.
need to make sure you fab that shat correctly...
gives a really nice ride.

if you want to do leaf springs, the hangrs are simple-ish

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole plan is based on my work schedule, where im gone all the time, getting all my motor parts to install out of truck and leveling the cab is first priority and then assembly. I don't like how the previous owner leveled the cab, instead of leveling the front suspension he just lifted the cab to give the impression of lift. The stock leafs are overloaded. I think I will go somewhere between 2.5 to 4 inch of suspension lift. I just wanna see what front end leafs will do for the amount of weight I'm trying to support. But the ballgame changed when I found out I can use SD axles and leafs. So back to school to educate myself. I get 4 days off for independence day so there will be a new update lol.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so it's been forever.... BUT it's been really warm lately, and seeing as I am divorced and the truck survived the event....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my update....
You must be registered for see images

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got the wiring harness swapped, all the small wiring differences are sorted out... Such as a 93 and 97 f series have different wiper motors.... Lol
I've still got a lot left, the motor is swapped in and bolted up, I took my up pipes off, so I still have to remount them and my turbo, and then finalize the wiring loom at the front of the truck as well as mounting the radiator. But it should be a running truck by the end of this month so long as the 97 extended cab Idi project doesn't get in the way, which I have the wiring done, I just have to drop the motor in and out the front clip on. Both trucks still need their fuel lines and starters. But it's coming together again lol. Thanks

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Fun day painting the dash. Little overspray on the window but acetone or mineral spirits will clean it off! Lol. Love it, saw this done many years ago in a fox mustang.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stone textured paint for outdoor, cleaned with mineral spirits, gray automotive primer and then shot it with the rattle can from Walmart.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Decided to go with bed liner on the body instead of paint. I'm pleased personally.

idi_Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Coming together, got the turbo and up pipes are on now, getting closer as time permits!