My Big Blue Ox build....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we buzzed that same tab off for my 3" dp install.
Serves no purpose anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No purpose we know of....likely for zliding in a jig for assembly of trans...

Ahh so damn close...going to take some fitment but will work with trial error fit

Down pipe and up pipe and good y pipe...kinda sorta fits....
You must be registered for see images attach

This angle clearly shows empty ZF case and how close pipe are.

This qngle shows similar bends..if lucky a bit of cut weld and its golden....

So after these I did a bit more and I am close...darn close to a match but alas phone died so no pics of process...tomorrow I will be back at it...tired a d cold and NO RUSH..so e ough for today.

What I wouldnt do for custom pipe LOL...oh well I have enough radius to custom tweek it lil by lil

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well its completed...the Y/up pipe is done without a whole lot of drama.

Started with tarping off shop...snow and wind yeesh...now heats on!

Next I had removed the up pipe and Brian and I took it for a 10 min walk whilst coffe made.....Pauls automotive is just around corner from me. He has an exhaust pipe bender swedger expander. We expanded the up pipe a weeee bit and of to home for coffee.

Had coffee...out to shop...

Climbed under truck with up pipe and wow...fits..fell into place so removed Y pipe did a tiny bit of shaping and light grind removingnsuface rust so I could weld it together.

Back under...install slip two parts together...tighten all flanges...test fit DP yuppers...remove DP...spot the two parts together well...lots of spots..

Remove so as to weld and here is my ok welding on craptastic thin pipe...lots of on off on off...

Hate welding thin *****!!!

Here is the completed part...not bad not great...better n what your about to see...

Here...supershitatstic old welds amd pipe....

So though a welder I am not....I sure am a hell of a lot better thab who did that crap...

Lunch break...

Thanks for looking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still better than what it was.
You ever thought about tig welding?

True dat..

And yes constantly.....$$$$

For now welding craptastic exhaust miss matched sizes doin ok..

Now get me some 3/8 plate amd 7018 or 7014 0r 7024 and maybe I can toss a bead down.....maybe :sly

Well my lunch is over and guest gone...now to have desert and coffee then back to it.

As always

Thanks for looking

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can get cheaper scratch start setups. Especially if you already have a stick welding. Just need a adapter for the gas hose/lead, then the torch itself.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get cheaper scratch start setups. Especially if you already have a stick welding. Just need a adapter for the gas hose/lead, then the torch itself.

Ya...migjt have that setup already :sly;Sweet:Dcookoo:rolleyes::rotflmao...just need gas

No seriously...I got that...

So dropped the slave down so it can be mounted.

Pulled tcase and speedo wiring back up to engine comp...

Now I have the dilema of how to contemd with the old C6 electrical...neautral/park safetey switch a d Back up lights.

Dug out my chilton and haynes to see if I can figure out which for C6 are BU so I can wire in the ZF plug and If I need to join the two NS switch wires or not.

Dinner first...then wiring....then go out there and maybe test it...hard to say..oh I know...pull switch from empty case...test BU lights with that...LOL

Well dinner

I do actually have a TIG torch and regulator too....

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG am I tired....ya wiped.

Wiring done!

Flywheel bolts wire wheeled along with clutch plate bolts

Flywheel installed man that beach is one heavy bastion!

Torqued 47 lbs ft. With 243 blue locktite....oil tollerant type blue 242 isnt.

Previously I blasted out flywheel bolt holes in crank with brake clean...so they are clean.

So clutch installed too now.

Tomorrow route slave.line correctly...remove trans cooler lines.

Manage to get the behemoth of a trans UNDER truck and ONTO my transmission jack. Should be absolute blast I am certain of this....got an idea may test theory lol. Not my first transmission rodeo alone.

Funny all the folks I know that come here for help...and parts...no where to be found ...just sayin dont be that friend. I am thinking time to sift wheat from chaff.

Oh and Russ...probably be anle get you 4 more exhaust flanges...we better start a Russ list...starting tonight!

Well thanks for looking

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dinner break....consisting of several pain pills ...water and a heaping dish of pasta and sauce.

Physically I am exhausted.

A big shout of THANKS to my good friend Brian who assisted me today.

I took some time carefull popped zeal of TOB cleaned out schmeg and repacked with Enviro grease...funny thing about doing this...pack in some spin ...pack more spin...repeat till has that FEEL of enough grease but not overlaiden to where it would come pouring out. Now I know my TOB is good.

Cleaned off the input shaft bearing retainer light coat of grease...same with the pivot ball a good fork boot and done...

Cleaned the dowel pin holes out carefully with scotch brite same with the pins...all bolts cleaned and wire wheeled.

Removed tcase :rolleyes: from trans.

Slid trans under truck...got big board I used to slide C6 off trams jack...zet it all up and Brian and I walked the tranz up board onto jack....voila! No pics will take pic of the setup later.

Next was short break...thiz ole guy just cant go like I used to.

Jacked it up.....finger is blocking glare from trouble light!!

Not a lot of room but enough...

This is how it is sitting right now...pass side of x member loosely bolted in place...jack on driver side.

Tossed some cat litter and sawdust under truck to soak up e mess while I rest.

Been sweeping up debris frequently its been nice working on this beast.

Just a few shots prior to trams install.

Turbo and how its bolted in place...look familiar???

That oil is weeping from valve cover....makes mess ...not worried reman to go in!

Ahh clutch installed and locktited all in place

Enough fer now more to clme

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beat down hard amd I am done......

Rear driveshaft, shifter tower, slave...will do install video it is stupid simple, attach clutch pedal to MC pushrod, zap some wires safely into place

floor pan....will get a slight mod...welding a plate.or nuts amd washers on it for my fire extinguisher mount.

Roll back and tuck carpet i to place amd install two shifters and done!

'I shone a light into my Y/up pipe....omg swiss cheese is more solid that this old pipe. WOW. I will try to get some pictures for yall to LOL with me. I am almost frightened to think how much boost I may attain now with tight piping.

Well off to bed

Thanks for looking.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have the dilema of how to contemd with the old C6 electrical...neautral/park safetey switch a d Back up lights.

Dug out my chilton and haynes to see if I can figure out which for C6 are BU so I can wire in the ZF plug and If I need to join the two NS switch wires or not.
Unplug C6 harness from body harness at round 8-pin green connector under master cylinder. Plug ZF harness in its place. Done!

Under dash don't mess with anything if you wanna be able to start without pushing the clutch in, leave it all as is. Obviously do remember truck can start in gear, even easier if you left her in low range 1st or reverse.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug C6 harness from body harness at round 8-pin green connector under master cylinder. Plug ZF harness in its place. Done!

Under dash don't mess with anything if you wanna be able to start without pushing the clutch in, leave it all as is. Obviously do remember truck can start in gear, even easier if you left her in low range 1st or reverse.

Um waz 2 x rectangular harness no lg green one I looked ....doh.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the '88 truck? Should be three round ones, green black and white. Unless that's a '89-'91 only thing, which this being a Ford I wouldn't be surprised one bit if that's the case. Show pics of what you're working with.