My Big Blue Ox build....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done....fired up pretty good as supposed to.

No major rattles or problems. Shifts kind of like I remember it shifting...well!

Now the good

Speedo works and is accurate!

2000 rpm in 5th now equates to about 108 Kph or just over 60 mph instead of 73/4Kph instead of 45 mphish...subtle change to say the least and already I see the chang in fuel consumption.

7lbs boost now so far. I KNOW it leaks out of where turbo fits INTO the intake hat so I will work on a new O ring.

All in all a very worth while conversion.

I am at my friends place this eve for big bird dinner;Sweet

Well I will report back more as I settle into this std.

Edit...

Ahhh stick....sadly didnt have time to swap out the column.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well last Fri or Sat noticed a bad fuel weep from my fuel filter heater for no reason suddenly.

As I did not have a plug but do have MANY including a known good non leaking filter head I swapped it out. Being that it was very cold that day I cheated myself and DID not do the Olives...cookoo

As I am attending a first aid course for 10 days I must commute almost 30 to 35 miles each way daily...

Noticed some air intrusion since swapped fuel filter head on Sunday

Yesterday after class..go to start truck typical fire run shut down air intrusion....

Spin n spin..cough fart fire...off...wait....do it again..finally catches!!!

Got home last night found spare IP feed line and ripped out old olives installed new ones...its waiting for install.

Will msg instructor going to be late must do this in light...lol

So I suppose this is what I get for mocking @icanfixall and his leaking return line...Karma....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the quote I've read before.......

"Never enough time to do it right, but enough time to do it twice"

:rotflmao;Poke:rotflmao;Poke

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the quote I've read before.......

"Never enough time to do it right, but enough time to do it twice"

:rotflmao;Poke:rotflmao;Poke

Never time to do it right..aways time to do it over.....

It was friggen cold on Sunday...and I chose NOT to do the olives HOPING all would be OK which it was not.

Thus job done....lucky me hqve all required parts in stock.

Oh ya I noticed a bad return line too to filter so swapped it out...hope didnt make the cap leak now :dunno

But time is of essense right now so again....HOPE for best!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck fires easy at -3 C with 1 gp cycle.

With the OFA 3 first aid courze I have been traveling to of late and will be I decided YELLOW fog lights are in order and some bumper mods....

Here is what I did...added wings....end caps another day!

Added the Black wings....and cut hole to spool cable correctly

This is a quick n dirty job so I can have lightz...those Cibie lights are old school yellow glass lens fog lamps...love em

Here we see I need end caps....another day lol

Nuff fer now.

Thanks for looking

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid apps...guess i deleted other pics before upload so here are the close ups doh

Very very YELLOW glas lens

Drivers wing...

Pass wing

Now the side wings are same dimension channel as the side mounts that attach to the bumper mounts on the frame....the front channel that the winch is mounted to is smaller??:dunno

It makes it look pecuiliar but eh...DILLIGAF....I just wanted it somewhat legal as full width.

Here I cut the hole to spool cable from under drum per Ramsey's instructions..I will unspool re-mount roller fairlead below and spool cable onto drum after passing it through fairlead.

Today I will see if I hqve enogh wire and relays and switches in stock and try to wire both sets of lights up.

I scored a 20" LED light bar I would like to mount as well....soon...once I cut and modify the Grill guard to fit my setup.

Thanks for looking.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I cant see how that winch is mounted, and not familiar with brand, (so this might be a stupid question) but is it ok to pull off of the top of the drum like that?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant see how that winch is mounted, and not familiar with brand, (so this might be a stupid question) but is it ok to pull off of the top of the drum like that?

I will get some pics of it and of the same series of winch ip to help you unxersta d better...give me a few days to put it together for ya.

Yes you CAN zpool from the top as it is already, however the preferred spooling for this winch is from below. This has the forces more directly inline with mounts instead of trying to rip them up and out of the top of the mount....least my guess on it...logical.

More pics coming

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speedo mod today...zoom in to bottom of speedo

Thought looked ok;Sweet

Thanks for lookin

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one way to deal with it. More stylish than the electrical tape method.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I would definitely leave the old auto gear selector in there to have a place to hang some duct tape. I've actually been looking a lot on eBay at some small international emblems trying to find one I could fab into looking like a hood ornament but haven't found much great so far. All these damn side emblems that would work great if they didn't say powerstroke as well on them.

Truck looks good though man, good stuff.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Haha I would definitely leave the old auto gear selector in there to have a place to hang some duct tape. I've actually been looking a lot on eBay at some small international emblems trying to find one I could fab into looking like a hood ornament but haven't found much great so far. All these damn side emblems that would work great if they didn't say powerstroke as well on them.

Truck looks good though man, good stuff.

Old IH Cub Cadet lawn tractors. Got an old 40's/50's IH refrigerator that I plan to transplant the emblem off my CC 1200 onto :Thumbs Up