A great loss.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing to chip in on any oilburners memorial or whatever. @typ4 maybe you could ask his daughter what would be most appropriate when you hear about arrangements.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I had to take the 7.3 out yesterday to run errands and visit my fiances grandpa, I didn't explain to her why I had to drive it but it's a story worth telling about Towcat helping me out when I was too embarrassed to keep asking for help on here.

When I first bought the thing and joined the site I had done my usual new guy research and knew it needed glow plugs but that was about it. It didn't leak anything and seemed ok if I plugged it in. One day I parked it nose up over night and it would not start, even plugged in with ether. I was losing my mind thinking I had gotten screwed on buying it and was posting back in my thread about it and I thought I'm going to sound like a moron so I sent him a direct message and asked what it could be doing. He took the time to message me back and had me take the hard line off the fuel filter and fill it and the fuel filter and sure enough it started right up. I was so ready to sell it to one of my dads friends who knew I got a crazy deal on it and knew a lot more than I did, but this guy taking the time to reply to me and make sure it worked kept the truck and its helped me and my fiance move and tow things and do so much without complications.

Little things people do for the right reasons can have such a big impact on others and their lives. I never met him or spoke to him, but good people impact many others even if its through a keyboard.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was one of the first to help me out of my bungling newbie mistakes and was patient with sending information that I now see I should have searched for. I did not know of his health issues either, but I cannot imagine losing a spouse so so young. I do not even know what to say.
Definitely post where to send something to the family.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never personally met Calvin but I feel like i have. I always knew if towcat was posting it was always going to be some useful info. He was an encyclopedia of idi knowledge. My condolences to his family. He will be missed

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just read thru all of the posts on here and you guys and gals have said it all. For those that never knew him, once you read all of these posts, you will know him. Well said to everyone.

Yes he will be missed for sure on many levels. My prayers and condolences to his real family, and his imaginary internet family.

Please let us know if there is a way that we can help out.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man! He was a hell of a guy. Talked to him several times but not to recently(wish I did now!). He will be missed and had a wealth of knowledge. It was great to have Calvin here on the forum. I'll miss him!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There will never be another Towcat.... RIP Calvin. Am not too proud to say my eyes are all blurry with tears. Will never forget you...Neither will my wife.she remembers when you could tell it was her hacking into my FB account to post something I said nice about her.He told her it was becaue she posted perfect granatical correct with punctuation posts...Funny hoe he saw this.. Thanks friend.Gotts go..

Broken_Season

Reaction score
I've found it very hard for me the last couple of days, I would wounder about doing something on my IDI and almost messaged him than realizing what I was about to do. Its going to be hard for me for a little bit.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sad to hear about Towcat. I only met him a couple times but I am sure the world is a poorer place without him. Besides knowing everything about the 7.3 idi Towcat was just plain fun to talk with. I only wish I had picked his brains when I had the chance. So long, farewell, and good luck!

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Wow. Good thing you have all just about said it all. Speechless. Been talking to him for years. Just met him face to face a couple years ago. Always had a great time talking shop. He just stopped by my shop a few weeks ago just to visit. He liked it because we work nights. Wish I had more time for Cal that night but my 14 children (mechanics) needed me........
Type4 my shop is a few minutes from Cals if I can help. Least I can do....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should meet this weekend time allowing.
As far as donations, His daughter said right now is too soon. we will cover this later. She is flabbergasted at the lives he touched.
These pics are just a few of many on his page, if you have the time have a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online