A great loss.

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm in shock with this terrible news. Calvin was the best friend I could have had. He kept me in line and on track in many areas, more than just with my truck.

I heard from him just two days ago when I asked him how badly the wildfire smoke was affecting him. I'll past in his answer.

i was wondering when you were resurfacing.
i have to do pm on one of squeaky's tractors, but nothing heavy.
nites are better than days.
btw, you owe me a breakfast run at stack's or bill's for online consulting :D
-c

Now Ill never have that breakfast.

My heart goes out to Lisa and Sylvia.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I am at a total loss for words!!!!

Great man, great friend. Glad to have met him and called him a friend!!!! Will miss him!!!

RIP!!!!! Till we meet again!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Complete loss for words. I had dinner with him Memorial Day weekend. I could not make the dinner at Joe's but while I was in San Jose he made time to meet up. Oddly enough I was thinking of texting him last Friday. Figured he was ok and far enough away from the fire. (Yea, I know little about CA geography)

Actually in San Diego celebrating my anniversary. This news just fu$%ing sucks.

RIP Towkitty.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My condolences to towcats family. I didn't have the chance to meet him but his help here was greatly appreciated and opened my eyes to the community here . With his willingness to help and inform everyone here I can only imagine how stand up of a guy he was in person. A great loss for all who knew him .

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is terrible news for today of all days.Ken, Russ, Ron. Things will never be the same.We were that group inside the larger group called oilburners. We will go on but just a little empty inside. Can't see tp two finger type more...Rest in Peace my friend. You helped me thru some horrible family matters. Glad to call you my friend...

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I have never had the chance to meet Calvin (or many of you) in person as I have too many irons in the fire to make any long distance trips.
I have spoken with him a few times, both on here and in other ways.
Great guy, not exactly the news I wanted to hear, he will be missed, in both his knowledge and personality.
I have noticed many great people I know (some on a more personal level, some more of an acquaintance) passing lately. Some of them much older than I, but many younger.
With what I have done and been exposed to in my life, it has made me start to re-prioritize certain things and start to get my affairs in order.
When it's your time, it's your time I guess.

I will see you on the other side someday @towcat
I wish your family the best, and will pray for them.
I hope to have the opportunity to sit down with the rest of you sooner.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Thanks for posting this very sad news Russ, & for posting that pic. I just recently learned of Cal's health problems....so very, very sad!!
Cal has helped me numerous times thru the years with my problems & worries with my rigs.

Years ago I learned that ANYTHING towcat posted or had to say was worth stopping, turning round, opening & reading!!! A very GREAT loss to our community!!!

Thankfully his numerous posts, responses, & articles can still be accessed & looked up for his help from beyond......sadly!

We could gather them all up into a book, give everyone a copy, & everyone could keep these old rigs going forever just on Cal's posted knowledge! That's how I feel!

RIP towcat

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omg

Such sad news.

Calvin you are missed by many and your knowledge and experiences here are such an asset.

May you rest in peace and I will pray for your family in this most difficult of times.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the news on Facebook. Still can't believe it. I was just talking to him the other day. Prayers for his family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online