To continue project or??

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FlexSeal?
I used gorilla tape. Even though it was applied to a cold and wet surface, it sealed, and worked for almost ten years, until I got rid of that vehicle.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the firewall damage and my attempt to repair that’s been holding for 4-5 years now but everything around it is deteriorating. Right now I’m sealing the gaps with some permtex general purpose stuff to slow the water entering the cab. Hopefully I can keep it somewhat dry this winter so I can start preparing to remove everything and properly reinforce and seal it back up so I don’t have a clutch master cylinder going into the engine bay again

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m also certain this is probably leaking the whole perimeter of the windshield looks like this

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after that I pulled out beads of silicone that was stuck to dirt, pine needles and full of moss. Windshield isn’t even attached anymore I can probably push it out with little effort so I think what I should be doing here is calling a place to come and change it(unless it’s easy to do myself?) out it’s cracked some anyways. Looks as though someone tried to “fix” this leak many years ago before me. as you can tell I painted it without removing the trim I taped it off lol

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I'd have it replaced. But let them know ahead of time that there is a bunch of cleanup to be done. And then watch them to make sure they actually do the cleanup. Or be prepared with a wire cup brush on an angle grinder, to do the cleanup yourself, once the old windshield is out. Or pull it yourself, clean it up, then call them... Last option may be the one you and they will be happiest with.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending how bad the sealing surface is with the windshield to the truck, you may want to remove the glass your self, clean it up, get it sealed up properly ( if there's significant rust or holes I've seen them deny installing a windshield ) very few, especially some of the guys who work with big companies are wiling to put in the time to do it right.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it all works out fine, my insurance actually covers it free of charge I learned today so waiting on a call back for appointing schedualing! Stopping any more water damage and rust is gone be my first fix, then I’ll start to repair the damage next

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay also the other probably I couldn’t solve before is now also becoming a issue is my extreme oil leaks, up to 3 gallons per 3000 miles... appears to be front main seal, injection pump gear housing, timing cover possibly, turbo inlet oil, and my injection pumps timing advance leaking fuel, and the o ring where it’s connected to housing is leaking after a up dye test.. injection pump isn’t very old maybe 20k and it’s a r and d 90cc hopefully I can warrantee it if not then not sure where to go from that point. Seems easier to remove entire motor and replace it with a non leaking motor, this one also has a top end occasional ticking noise as well

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been getting worse it seems, I’ll have pictures in the morning, oil is dripping from my fender well and off my hood now just from driving a mile

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay also the other probably I couldn’t solve before is now also becoming a issue is my extreme oil leaks, up to 3 gallons per 3000 miles... appears to be front main seal, injection pump gear housing, timing cover possibly, turbo inlet oil, and my injection pumps timing advance leaking fuel, and the o ring where it’s connected to housing is leaking after a up dye test.. injection pump isn’t very old maybe 20k and it’s a r and d 90cc hopefully I can warrantee it if not then not sure where to go from that point. Seems easier to remove entire motor and replace it with a non leaking motor, this one also has a top end occasional ticking noise as well

Sucks!
Sounding more and more like you need a more practical daily ride than the Bronco. Get a pos econo box that's a runner and dig in for a long term project...

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever do a compression test? Boost going straight through the rings into the crankcase will make these engines leak out of every orifice.

With the engine at temp take the return line off the ip and take a fuel sample. It’s possible the driveshaft seals failed and oil is getting into your fuel, which ate up the pump seals.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been talking to a buddy of mine who I get all my parts from and looks like my plan is just gonna he swap out my motor sometime this winter hopefully. It’s got a tick, it’s dumping oil and that’s gonna be the easiest way to fix all this and I want a r and d or Russ camshaft installed that’s like my dream mod of this motor I feel like it’s whats holding power back on it. I’ll compression test for a learning experience but I can pick up a motor for like a couple hundred or less. Gonna start selling obs parts as well to help fund the project I can locate pretty much anything

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88