To continue project or??

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to play whose rust is bigger, but you have a great looking clean truck besides that. Alot cleaner than some of our trucks that are still being saved. Just because the PO burned through the sheetmetal doesnt mean it can't be welded. I know first hand.

Personally, I'd never get rid of it over that.

Goodluck with whatever you decide and nice truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up to now I have a ats 093 built by Russ with 60-1 mod, Cx racing intercooler instal, 90cc and stage 1’s from r and d, skyjacker 4 inch soft ride lift, new moog steering, limited slip rear end installed, rims and new Cooper discovery tires, replaced carpet and seats with newer ones in good shape, stereo system, replaced alternator, water pump, vacuum pump, power steering pump, belts hoses radiator, core support, headlights tailights, led lighting everywhere, customized cluster, quad pod gauges, 5 inch exhaust, replaced bed, headache rack, tool box, bed rails, visor, luk clutch, sending unit, and other misc stuff I’m forgetting. One of those things where I feel like I’m kinda buried into the project and not sure how much more I should go

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have back up rig that needs a little work mainly alignment and tires but it’s reliability is kinda iffy I’ve had it for about 11 years and haven’t really driven it much since it was in a state of severe repairs needed but it’s not a idi and gets 5mpgs. I can still drive it in town but it won’t do 55 safely yet and I’ve got a 2 year old riding with me most the time lol maybe I can remove the dash and see how much repair work is needed inside? I’ve got the ford firewall enforcement plate but would still have to do rust repairs

You must be registered for see images attach

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone that can fix it. Sounds like you're burned out. It doesn't seem like a good money after bad situation to me.

Broncos are cool but they aren't trucks and can't do what trucks do as well as trucks do. I've owned both. BTW. All broncos should be white. Just sayin'

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This contraption has been holing my clutch for 6 years now

You must be registered for see images attach
Can you back out with the camera some, and retake that pic?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically it’s a piece of 1/4 inch holding the master cylinder into the cab with a long bolt to tighten it, also the dash internal supports are cracked in a couple spots and currently have no e brake because it went through the fire wall and the dash broke as a result the whole drivers corner is like the last real issue on the truck besides the back tank needing replaced and leaking a little oil

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I adopt something, I try like all get out to keep it. I know that thing inside and out. And it's that knowledge that I have invested so much time to acquire that is so valuable to me. The thing I have is just the physical expression of what is in ME.

You are gonna spend resources no matter what you do.

I formally joined the IDI lovers group about five years ago with my purchase of a 1994 Ford E350 IDI. I had already invested over three years, looking at everything out there, knowing my 40 year old Toyota was slowly dying and needed major work. The Toyota did very well, but California laws were going to make customization a problem, with all these factions needing to approve it.

But California also considers the old Diesels too old to mess with, so if I end up with something only I can operate, so be it. It's mine. And I can do what I want with it.

I've been in love with Diesels... They remind me of my childhood on grandpa's farm. The big red Farmall. The old simple one that grandpa could show a little kid like me just what made it go.

And now the circle is almost complete.

I now have my own International Harvester machine. Without the State nannying me over it.

You gonna regret it if you let it go. Change the metal if you have to. That is YOU in that truck. You know everything about that truck. I simply do not feel at ease around things I neither understand or control.

Or let it go, like I had to do with my Toyota, knowing it no longer fits your needs, and come to inner peace knowing it's too impractical to keep.

Last edited:

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the truck is basically what I need now is only be replacing it with another crew cab or a 4 door Bronco, almost traded for a crew cab turbo idi centurion bronco near perfect with a 5 speed 6 months ago but I just couldn’t let mine go. Currently my bronco is kept because it was my first truck and I’ve been working it back slowly to service but still a ways from being a temp daily driver lifted 9 inches with a long travel kit not really dd material. I’m leaning more towards removing the dash now and just seeing what I can do about it. Collecting parts like steering column and surroundings next and possibly a whole dash depending on if I can locate the right one, e brake assembly and attempt the fire wall de-rusting and clean up followed with the ford re-enforcing plate and hope it will all fall together. I can take more pictures of the damage tomorrow, the e brake assembly is actually through the fire wall as well from metal broken though not rust much on that side