So what did you do with your truck today?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Switch tanks, pump re-primes it for you, while you sit comfortably behind the wheel.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove her to work and back. :D

Nothing special but she's pulling DD duty now that both of our grocery-getters are on injured reserve.

Just for fun the other night with about 1/3 mile to my exit I hit the go pedal and blew by 6 people all stacked up behind this goober that thought the speed limit was 55...(its 70 through there.)
Glanced down at the speedo and the needle was pointing at the transmission! :eek::peelout
Aaaaaand I still had an embarrassing amount of space to merge in front of said goober and take my exit.

I'm very thankful for all the help and advice found here over the years to give me the knowledge and confidence to turn my old, tired farm truck into a turbo-charged git-r-done mobile that starts EVERY TIME and doesn't quit or let me down.
Thanks everyone! :Thumbs Up

-Joshua

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive class B shred trucks by day, and they unload the paper via a "walking floor". So we are getting ready to sell one truck, but it has a nearly new hydraulic pack for said floor and we have another truck that needs a new pack...so I got to swap them today using my pickup as a forklift! It's not half as fun as it looks.
The apparatus:
You must be registered for see images attach

The buckets in the bed are shredded hard drives, just ballast since the units are heavy and I had to run the "forks" out quite a ways to get under the packs.
Finally got both out! Whatever jerk used nylock nuts on the 8 big monster bolts on these things should get a whooping. Would take 2 minutes if they were impact-friendly but of course takes 30 mins without.

That's all I have pictures for but it was a 7 hour job by myself with ol "Super Doody"(cause my pickup is brown :Thumbs Up)

P.S. don't work under a truck that lived a hard life in the midwest and then was undercoated right over the rust. Just save yourself the trouble and walk away...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week I took the start of my bumper in to work and welded what I had up with a GOOD welder... ... ... Like butter compared to mine!

I was concerned about possible warpage from the heat (and also needed to add a couple extra mount holes) So I re-fit it on the truck, then made some additional plates with mounting holes. Then I tacked it all in and braced it good so it shouldn't warp too much welding it.

This week I'll take it in and weld those plates fast, and also add the channel on the front, tying it into those side plates.

Then I'll cut off the excess from the front and fit some angle to the top so I can bolt on a grille guard later.

I'm probably going to incorporate a hitch receiver in the front as well. I already have the stuff so why not.

I'll also add in some shackle mounts after the channel goes on.

My plan is to get the center section done and mounted, and then build the side pieces of the bumper with it mounted on the truck so I can make sure everything lines up correctly.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got off my keister this weekend to and put together an engine ive had sitting around for a while.
dont know what truck its going in, yet.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
got off my keister this weekend to and put together an engine ive had sitting around for a while.
dont know what truck its going in, yet.

Is that a 360 or 466?

Rock

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to have to make an adapter like that to let me hold the side of an IDI on my engine stand, for easy access to the front and back seals. Anyone already built one? Have a photo?
ive got an engine run stand. works well for both rear and front seal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online