So what did you do with your truck today?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire in the hole has been achieved

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to see it fine as well. I know it’s a good feeling waking one back up.

What’s going on with your vacuum pump though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to blow $75 on a 4x4 zf5. I was browsing craigslist for something completely different and stumbled across it. Went into all the gears fine and pulled the PTO cover and everything is clean inside. Decided I couldn't pass it up for the price!

You must be registered for see images attach

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to blow $75 on a 4x4 zf5. I was browsing craigslist for something completely different and stumbled across it. Went into all the gears fine and pulled the PTO cover and everything is clean inside. Decided I couldn't pass it up for the price!

You must be registered for see images attach
I've thought about putting a 4X4 Zf-5 with transfer case in my 2 wheel drive... just so I could use '4-low' to backup with trailers at a slower, more sane speed [emoji16]

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
ZF 5-spd manual transmission

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about putting a 4X4 Zf-5 with transfer case in my 2 wheel drive... just so I could use '4-low' to backup with trailers at a slower, more sane speed [emoji16]

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
ZF 5-spd manual transmission

Well I've got one truck I'm going to convert to 4wd and another project I'm considering using one for. Worst case I can always get my money back reselling if I don't use it so it's a win win win.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get that by using a wide ratio transmission. Did it to mine and I have a low low for starting out and backing up. I have to shift out of low pretty quick though once rolling.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think dust or some sort of debry build up from sitting so long, it cleared up after a short time running.
Yep. Looked like the pump had been sitting in an area like beside a gravel road, and had accumulated a bunch of dust through those holes over the time it was sitting.

Hopefully the dust wasn't abrasive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online