So what did you do with your truck today?

dan-o

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

dan-o

Reaction score
SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATES!!! Yes, I'm an idiot. Just ask my ex-wife. Hell, for that matter ask my current wife.
This is a bed that I made for my ambulance conversion. It's a 1989 F 350 7.3 IDI NA.
Yes, I have foam pad for it. Yes, It was a pain in the ass. BUT, we sleep great on it and it gts out of the way so I can still haul stuff.
I'm not paying 100k for class A RV that will just fall apart.
Again, sorry for the duplicates. I don't think anyone will lose sleep over them.|sleepy

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Yes, you get 150,000 miles of driving in the old truck with the money you save not buying the new truck. How many miles do you have to drive the new one to break even, to save back that $30,000?

Urff, I actually had to think about this for a bit, while I had my coffee. What we want to do is take the cost of going "M" miles at 20 mpg vs the same amount of miles at 15 mpg to where there is a difference of $30,000.
We need the cost per mile of new truck x miles (M) vs the cost per mile of old truck x miles (M) where the difference is $30,000. At $3.00/gal, the cost per mile of the new truck is $.15/mile. The cost per mile of the old truck is $.20/mile. So our formula looks like this:

$.15 x M - $.20 x M = -$30,000. ( negative because we're saving money)

To simplify: $.15M-$.2M = -$30,000. or -$.05M = -$30,000.

Solving for M we get: M=-$30,000./-$.05

M= 600,000

That's a lot of miles! Well out of warranty.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but good luck with that. :joker:

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i just about finished up the pillar gauges and then i discovered that i have a coolant leak from my radiator, which is a champion aluminum radiator that the previous owner installed and it is less than 5 years old

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest shields in front and behind your battery bank. One kicked up rock can run your day ...

Is this skookum enough for you?

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a couple cold weekends, I finally made it out of the stone age. Maiden voyage driving to work today and no rollover noise I can make out and it shifts easy.

Need to bleed the clutch and adjust the linkage a bit, and has a bit of a chatter/squeek in the clutch when engine braking. Overall thrilled to finally have another gear.

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Been driving the truck daily and it seemed to be doing well. Left Home Depot this morning with drywall and my wife. Truck died doing 45 and would not restart. Got it towed to the house and swapped everything over to the Sierra and went about my day. Started troubleshooting tonight and @laserjock was kind enough to stop by after work. Yep, yours truly has a broken showerhead and gauge. Ran out of fuel on the front tank. Bleed the air, jumped her and got her back to life on the rear tank. I’ll take my sign now.....

thanks again Mike!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always embarrassing but so relieving to find out it's something stupid simple!
Exactly. Like I told him, on the sliding scale of things that it could have been, out of fuel is pretty tame.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me at the 2018 rally. Rolling down hill to a stop sign. This is why I talked him into the electric lift pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online