Project Rewbrooks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should put a shorter version of this project on your Facebook page. I bet you'd get a lot of likes on this one. I may even give you one too!
I will try to get a post up, I’d like to share some of my other builds on the fb page that aren’t on the site here, I’ve got one truck that’s coming in for some work this weekend that I’d like to share some of. Very clean IDIT I think you would like.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
There was a gentleman in Socal, Arizona, or Nevada on here that was buying up local trucks, fixing, and selling. That takes a lot of capital but it might be worth looking into Wes, considering the cheap Texas trucks around you and the jealous salt belt guys who might pony up some money.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats how I financed my business was fixing up these trucks and reselling them for a profit. The used vehicle market is what it is, and Ill let someone else do the selling. I personally find more pleasure in building the trucks than selling them, I get a bit attached to the trucks after I go through them, and Id rather have a relationship with the customer and their truck as opposed to fixing one up and sending it on its way, although I do have some plans in the works for doing a charity build in the future that will get raffled off, with the proceeds going to a good organization. Just need to find the right truck. Id love to find either a cc drw obs to build or a bullnose single cab. Has to be rust free and priced right.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Lol. My wife's soon coming build is a cc drw bullnose rust free. Kinda fits both! But I been trying to get her to let that thing go for a while. Only reason it's hers is cause she took it from me before I sold it.

jpw

Reaction score
Really nice build! Especially tuned for power with safety margin if / when gauges ignored.

On that issue with the charge light, if I remember correctly some of the newer trucks have a resistor wired in parallel to the bulb so that if the bulb ( or connections ) fails charging system still works. I'll see if I can find the diagram and post it latter on.

J

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I know the resistor youre speaking of, heres the diagram:
You must be registered for see images attach

It may have been designed to be able to charge without the bulb but either that resistor is burnt out on a lot of trucks or it doesnt allow enough current to trigger the alt without the bulb there. iirc it was @IDIoit who had the same issue when he swapped an obs dash into an older body style truck, and had to rewire the alt to get power directly from the fss.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working on a 93 with a 94 cluster
swapped back to the 93 cluster, and it charged

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online