Project Big Red

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Did you leave the heat shrink off on the tac sensor? Looks like to bare wires in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Progress is slow but I am getting somewhere. Lots of family stuff going on.

So I had a really hard time getting the starter off the truck to pull the engine. When I installed it at the campground the bolts pulled it into the hole. Good thing I didn't have to take it back out. I literally beat on it with my rubber hammer for an hour before I got it to move. Trying not to destroy it. So I decided to address that before reinstall. I had hoped it was just paint but it required a little more 80 grit love than that but it just almost drops in flat now.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm pretty much done with assembly.

Need the other half of the motor mounts bolted on. I mocked all the othe accessories and somehow I have lost my first bolt. It's the bolt that the PS pivots on. Of course it's 7/16 and not a 3/8 that I have extras of. [emoji849]

Anyway, probably not going to get it stabbed in this week but hey it's getting close. Oh by way, anyone notice the hurricane heading in this general direction??

LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I was really careful. I guess not quite careful enough.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea I been watching the storm headed. Looking like it will be staying south of me for the major portion

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Models are all over the place on the storm. We shall see.

I tried to stab the engine in today. All was going great until I went to drop it in. Nope. I always forget that it just won't go with the trans crossmember in there. I don't know why they couldn't have made the trans hump a little taller. Can't tip it down far enough to clear the shift tower out of the hole. Tcase hits the floor first. So it will only slide back about 3" and it's just not quite enough.

So here it sits. Got to go to a funeral so progress will halt for a few days.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was beginning to think it was going to whip me. I fought with it with the crossmember in. No dice. Pulled the crossmember. Fought with it an hour. Still no dice. Kept hitting the shift tower into the floor. Then it hit me. The shift tower was off when I put it in last time. So I pulled it all the way down to the floor, pulled the shift tower carefully so as not to drop anything in the trans. Slid right in about as easy as I have ever done one. Had to roll the engine over by hand to seat the input into the clutch but no biggie.

Took basically every piece of lifting equipment I had but I got it seated and snugged up.

Then the fight with the crossmember. I wrestled with it for a while. Then for some reason I tried the obvious direction that I was sure didn't work and the SOB fell into place. [emoji21][emoji849]

I hate that thing. But got the trans mount in too so just need to go through and tighten everything up.

So that's the "hard" part.

Now for the rest of it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So got the crossmember all bolted back in. Started going over stuff and realized I had pinched the new turbo oil feed line between the head and firewall. It's kinked pretty bad so another one is on order. Went to put the up pipe back in and I had to take my adapter off so it would fit up through the trans tunnel so that's an extra t3 gasket I wasn't counting on. I think I got it seated good on the manifold which was a big leak point before. Wish there was a gasket for it but I've not seen one. Can't put the crossover on until get the new oil line.

That's where I ended up. I'll start doing little things as parts come in.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight was a light evening. Got the turbo pedestal pretty much buttoned up. Fresh gaskets came. Had to adjust my brackets slightly. I'm hoping that's a good thing and a result of the pipe being seated correctly on the manifold.

Other things that came today, my pag oil, new 5.5" drop draw bar to correct my nose up camper situation. Also got my power steering seal washers.

Thank you homelessduck they look right.

Just have to keep plugging away.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the turbo bolted on. I may need to adjust it a little. It's really close to wiper motor now. Oil line went in. Water lines are connected. You'll just have to take my word for it because I didn't take any pictures. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online