Just did an Arrocraft Dually Conversion. pics

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I had a 95 F350 CC 2wd SRW 460 auto on the lot. A customer wanted a dually and all of the Dually's that I had were around 10K. This truck was priced at $3950.00. He asked how much it would be to convert it to a dually. So we got on the http://www.arrowcraft.com/ website, and priced out the complete kit.

Fenders, front and rear spacers, 4 Aluminum Allcoas, and 2 steels, caps lugs etc. Price was around $1900.00 shipped

It sounded like a fun project, and I always wanted to try it so we figured out labor and painting etc and we got it done. I still need to install the lights on the fenders and it will be done.

So here are a few pics of the install.

First we had to cut out the fenders for the filler necks.
Then Extend the filler necks.
After lining up the fenders whe drilled the holes and installed the fender. (sounds easy hu?)

Continued on the next post..

Attachments

• IM000675.JPG
    IM000675.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IM000676.JPG
    IM000676.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IM000678.JPG
    IM000678.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
This showes pics of the holes in the fender, and the right fender installed.

Looks a little goofey with the SRW.

Attachments

• IM000679.JPG
    IM000679.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IM000680.JPG
    IM000680.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 37

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
This is the only shot that I got of the spacers. These are the front spacers, the rears are still boxed up along with the rims.

You remove the SRW, install the spacers on the lugs, and install the new dually wheels on the spacer itself.

Attachments

• IM000682.JPG
    IM000682.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 63

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here is the truck after getting it from the body shop to paint the fenders. Now I just need to install and wire the lights on the fenders.

The project was a little more involved than I thought is was going to be but I am glad that I was able to do it. If anyone is considering doing this and has any questions please feel free to contact me.

BTW< Does anyone recognize the rear bumper? there is a free DVD in it to the first correct answer.

Later,
Darrin

Attachments

• IM000683.JPG
    IM000683.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IM000684.JPG
    IM000684.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IM000685.JPG
    IM000685.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 59

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
BTW< Does anyone recognize the rear bumper? there is a free DVD in it to the first correct answer.

Later,
Darrin

Yes, it's mine, give it back ****!!

Conversion looks great!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Not too shabby there hound. ;Sweet
Only thing missing is an oil burner there instead of that ga$ hog. :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin,
That turned out dynamite! I'm sure you don't have anything better to do, but that would make a great tech article for our library, if you could find the time to write it up. I never thought about the fuel fills. That is definitely a one way trip with this mod. How would you rate the quality and fit and finish of the fenders? Do the wheel adapters present a problem for ongoing maintanance? Don't forget to post back when you get the lights on. ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
My guess is it is this bumper that previously lived on the back of Big Ed.

And we have a winner! Joe, PM Me your address and I will send you the 2004 IDI Weekend DVD (a $20.00 value!) ;Sweet

I did a bumper swap with this truck, here is a pic of my new bumper.
I am going to wire up the lights on the end of tue bumper for running and brake/turn signals.

Attachments

• IM000700.JPG
    IM000700.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IM000701.JPG
    IM000701.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 15

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin,
That turned out dynamite! I'm sure you don't have anything better to do, but that would make a great tech article for our library, if you could find the time to write it up. I never thought about the fuel fills. That is definitely a one way trip with this mod. How would you rate the quality and fit and finish of the fenders? Do the wheel adapters present a problem for ongoing maintanance? Don't forget to post back when you get the lights on.

Thanks Mel, I will put it together and get it to you. Give me a couple of weeks. The fenders fit pretty good, we did have to do some sanding on the edges, but was nice is the rubber trim that seals the fenders to toeh body covered up a lot of indescretions,
The wheel spacers are basicly the same type that I have on my truck, just a little wider. They just have to be re-tourqued after installing, other than that run em.

The customer just picked up the truck a few minutes ago, and he loved it!

Here are pics of the finished product.

Attachments

• IM000693.JPG
    IM000693.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 25
  • IM000696.JPG
    IM000696.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IM000698.JPG
    IM000698.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IM000699.JPG
    IM000699.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 25

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Not too shabby there hound.
Only thing missing is an oil burner there instead of that ga$ hog.

Hey Thanks Ron, The Gasser is what he could afford. What is funny is, He said that he always wanted a dually, so I asked him what he was hualing,..he said ,"nothing, just want a dually" LOL

He paid around 7K for everything out the door.

pafixitman

Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
Sounds like a good bargin. Looks good.
John H

Untill he has to fill it up! I toyed w/ getting a mid 90's Chevy crew dually w/ a 454 (they tend to be cheap) untill I found out what real world fuel milage was!

I can understand the dually comment 100%. Truth be told living w/ a dually on a daily basis is not easy. About a month after I got the truck I tried going to a drive in only bank in town. Could not figure out why the truck was not going forward until I got out and looked. Both outside rear tires were wanting to go up the curbs. Dang narrow drive thru! The teller was laughing her **** off. :rolleyes:
It does look nice Darrin. Should have sprung the $2 for some tape to stripe those hips to match the fenders!

Today we salute you Mr. used car lot truck salesman. Slicked back hair, a shark skin suit, alligator boots you cultivate a look that says trust me. You stand behind every truck you sell, because if you stood in front and the brakes failed, you would be crushed. oil leak? What oil leak? That puddle under the car is sweat from all that horsepower. So crack open a bud light Mr. Peddler of the sheet metal because when life hands you a lemon, you sell them.

:rotflmao

mocetane

Reaction score
pafixitman said:
Today we salute you Mr. used car lot truck salesman. Slicked back hair, a shark skin suit, alligator boots you cultivate a look that says trust me. You stand behind every truck you sell, because if you stood in front and the brakes failed, you would be crushed. oil leak? What oil leak? That puddle under the car is sweat from all that horsepower. So crack open a bud light Mr. Peddler of the sheet metal because when life hands you a lemon, you sell them.

Now that there is some funny GD **** :hail :hail :hail :hail

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao