Supporting Member
Reaction score
What " good information" do you mean?
Horse power?
Torque?
RPM?
MpG?
Pictures?

HP - No clue. Don't really care to be honest. It's more than I had with the Banks... that's certain. Talked to Dennis Perry, his chassis dyno is NOT installed in their new shop yet. So... IF I have an opportunity to dyno the truck, I will. Not searching one out and driving who knows where just for that purpose. Got too much going on to worry about that.

Torque - see above.

RPM - When? Not sure what you're asking... If you mean the video... see above.

MPG - 17 - 18 on my trip down to Georgia. 15 or so when driving in town.

Pictures - they were already posted.

If that's not enough "good information" for you... buy one, install it, and see for yourself. NOT of fan of the "new" OB attitude.

I'm not a beta tester for the IDI world. I've got a job that keeps me very busy. The little free time I have is spent with family and the mountain of other pressing projects that I've got to get completed. This turbo was one of them... it's completed and doing what I wanted it to do. Sorry, I'm not gonna spend a ton of time videoing this and that, chasing dyno events, or trying to prove anything about my truck or this turbo. Again, I honestly don't care about that stuff. It works very well. Much better than the Banks it replaced. I've posted my experience and the results I currently have.... If that's not enough, like I said, buy one and see for yourself.

Heath

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ hesutton
It's absolutely ok, when you say you have better things to do than measuring the upgrade of your motor!

My slidely ironical comment was due to people saying that we've seen more information about the kit than in the first posts long time ago. That's not really the case and the info should come from the reseller of the kit, not the customer of course.

Anyway- in every case it will be very positive for you to configure your engine on a stand. I've seen measurements with optimised pumps that are stock and around 220hp, fully drivable - compared to 170hp before.
Your configuration should be above that, at least slightly + better driveability.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
HP - No clue. Don't really care to be honest. It's more than I had with the Banks... that's certain. Talked to Dennis Perry, his chassis dyno is NOT installed in their new shop yet. So... IF I have an opportunity to dyno the truck, I will. Not searching one out and driving who knows where just for that purpose. Got too much going on to worry about that.

Torque - see above.

RPM - When? Not sure what you're asking... If you mean the video... see above.

MPG - 17 - 18 on my trip down to Georgia. 15 or so when driving in town.

Pictures - they were already posted.

If that's not enough "good information" for you... buy one, install it, and see for yourself. NOT of fan of the "new" OB attitude.

I'm not a beta tester for the IDI world. I've got a job that keeps me very busy. The little free time I have is spent with family and the mountain of other pressing projects that I've got to get completed. This turbo was one of them... it's completed and doing what I wanted it to do. Sorry, I'm not gonna spend a ton of time videoing this and that, chasing dyno events, or trying to prove anything about my truck or this turbo. Again, I honestly don't care about that stuff. It works very well. Much better than the Banks it replaced. I've posted my experience and the results I currently have.... If that's not enough, like I said, buy one and see for yourself.

Heath

;Sweet

IMO the whole point of these mods is to improve the driving experience, and it looks like you've been successful. Numbers are merely there to help us get to that point, they are not the end all-be all.

I'm always more interested in hearing that a truck can maintain speed up a hill with a trailer over hearing "It made 800 hp on bob's dyno".

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is this. You can probably NOT expect a lot of information from me. The stuff I build for the IDI world is a small part of my business, but a large part of where my heart lives. I sell happiness. Contentment. Stuff that makes your truck fun to drive. I do that by being here for you all. I answer the phone. I answer PM's. I try to give you access to me and my 31 years of experience. If it frustrates you to not be able to compare my stuff to others who like numbers, I understand. However, I don't want you to buy from me because I have the largest, the biggest, the fastest or whatever important numerical counter you live by. The things that make doing business worthwhile are all the intangible and often un-measurable things. The concepts of reliability, longevity, reputation, assurance, integrity. These are the things I like to measure. They are really the only things worth having. I answered the phone last night, well after closing. It was a couple of guys from Georgia. They wanted to buy the Super Moose. We talked about it for an hour. When it was said and done, they bought it. Unseen. Unproven. Because they know I made it because I care, and I care about them and their project. You see, you don't have to have the most horsepower, the most torque, or the numbers to back them up, when all you need is faith and trust. That's what Heath put in me, and from what I see and hear, he is glad he did. Is there a more perfect turbo out there? Maybe. Does it matter to him? No. He loves to drive his truck, and that's what both of us care about, and at the end of the day, when your IDI has pulled that camper over a hill with ease that it used to struggle with, you don't really care about any of those numbers any more.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Mel..... How you like your truck is the only thing that really matters. Just like me an my truck, (Not and IDI, but none-the-less). I like my truck just the way it is. It is 100% stock minus an EGR Delete. I have no programmer, huge injectors, culvert pipe exhaust, and you know what..... I don't care. My truck does exactly what I ask of it, every time I ask it to do it. It is my "family car", my snow vehicle, and right now, due to health reasons it is my Daily Driver. Can I blacken 6 lanes of interstate, no. Do I need a forklift to get in the drivers door, no. Is it all shiny and blingy because I drove it through a chrome shop, no. Does it have 1000hp, no. Does it make me, and more importantly my wife happy, YES. That is all that matters. I could care less if YOU like my truck, and what it does, or does not have, not your truck.

I say, good job Mel and Heath. Mel made something that made Heath, and i am sure his wife happy with the truck. At the end of the day, that is all that really matters. Heath, don't want to put it on the rollers, no problem with me, to be honest, mine will probably never see a set of rollers, either........

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen to this. I'll vouch for Mel being a topnotch guy. Called him this afternoon with a question and he took the time to talk to me, answering my question and then some. He will definitely get my business if I ever need a new pump or injectors again.

Thanks Mel for taking the time to visit this afternoon.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Heath, how many miles are on your engine by now? I swear it took about 20,000 miles for mine to fully break in. Hope the rig is treating you well.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
BTW, I just realized that the turbo the Moose Boost is based on, the GT3788R is the same turbo that Ford is using on the 2015 6.7(although Ford has modified it for their specs).

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That video really makes me what to build my engine and get this turbo. Now I'm off to rob a bank, lol just kidding but maybe I'll win the lotto then my wife can't steal all my money.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned this kit has ats parts included for the instal, this being said I have the 088 ate on my truck. How much modification would be required for me to put this turbo on my truck and what's parts would I need since I have a ats turbo already and it looks like it sits I the same spot as your system

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to haul the camper a few weeks ago. Didn't camp, just hauled it about 100 miles to store in my shop for the winter.

Much less soot/smoke. Just a faint haze. Boost was up a couple of pounds through out the RPM range. Nothing crazy. Max was like 14 or 15 psi. Typically, boost was 5-12 psi cruising 60-70mph.

The big surprise was EGT's. They were 150 degrees less than typically seen with the Banks. Averaged 600-800 degrees, depending on the slope and size of the hill. Max was 850! Lower EGT = lower oil temps = lower coolant temps = happy heavy hauling for me. It allowed me to push the truck harder than before without watching the gauges like a hawk. I could effectively use overdrive more often, even over hills I would have needed to downshift for in the past.

Would a drop in the turbine A/R raise boost? Maybe... it would likely raise EGT's again too. I would NOT want to trade a few more psi of boost (especially with the soot under control) for higher EGT's. If I never hauled anything in my truck, I would try the next size smaller turbine A/R, but for what I built this truck for, I wouldn't. It seems the perfect blend of boost and EGT control for my Bull Moose pump and Moose injectors.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good to see you posting again Heath. Been watching for your return so we could learn how this worked out. I recall the block deck issue and the poorly drilled flywheel mess. You have had some unique issues but the forum helped correct them.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gary,

Slowly getting close to the 10K mile mark on the rebuild. Seems to keep running better/stronger with more mileage. The turbo has been well worth the fabrication to get it on top of the 6.9. Can't wait for camping season. Hope to go much more than last year.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Good deal, Heath! They do take some time to break in! I'd say closer to 20k for a complete break in. Good luck with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01