Scored this today...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it put back together.. Working on bleeding lines. Should have a video this evening. :D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it to fire for a second a few times, but it dies immediately after. I figured it was sucking air from somewhere but I tossed on clear lines and it isn't bleeding out, and no air bubbles.. Hmm. Now I have to wait for the batteries to charge again, fun fun.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finally got the air bleed out. Not getting any oil to the valves/rockers... But I didn't let it run very long.

Last edited:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squirt oil on each rocker and let it run longer. It takes some time for the lifters to pump up (minutes). You will see oil coming out of the push rods when the lifters have pumped up.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool, that's what I was thinking. One thing I don't like... While doing the heads I noticed the block is .040 over.. :oops: I'll get sca's in it immediately, hopefully it won't give me any issues.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You could remove your rocker arms and then put some white lithium grease on both ends of the pushrods. Then you can squirt some into the pivot on the arms themselves. This will give them adequate lubrication until you get oil pressure.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo.. I tossed a new ring gear on it and got it back on the engine . It doesn't appear to be sitting flush with the crank. There is a decent sized gap.. Is this normal or is this thing not sliding on all the way..?
You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it is not back far enough to touch the crank. It will leak! And rattle. Are the bolts tight? What is the torque on them?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolts will not tighten any more without over torquing them.They are at 47lbs. There are no burs or anything for it to get hung up on so I really have no idea what to do. However, if it didn't have that gap it would be too close to the starter and block so.. I looked at a picture I took of it before taking it off and there appears to be a gap, but it's hard to tell.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the only before picture I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled it off and put it back on a few times and came to the conclusion that it is fine. I put a bore scope in the bolt holes and cannot see a gap between them. I have another engine here without a flywheel but it has the adapter on it that I believe is for the manuals..? Anyway, it has the same gap.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never noticed that before, but then again it seems every time I'm changing a clutch its in the dark by myself on a gravel driveway LOL