Scored this today...

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what exactly did centurion do to trucks like this? I'm only familiar with their bronco conversions but don't know what they modified on ones like these?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
So what exactly did centurion do to trucks like this? I'm only familiar with their bronco conversions but don't know what they modified on ones like these?

Some were just "appearance packages", (think custom vans from back in the day), fancy paint, real wood trim and accents inside the cab, wood overhead consoles, really nice seats, fancy running boards, bull bars, big back bumpers..... and the like.

Some Centurion trucks were not as fancy, but one thing I know they did (actually saw an OBS 460 truck brand new on a local lot) was they made 4x4 Crew Cab Dually Pickups.... remember from previous discussions, Pre-99 SuperDuty, Ford DID NOT produce a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually pickup with a pickup box and frame from the factory. Them made 4x4 Crew Cab SWR trucks with a box, and I believe they made 4x4 Crew Cab Dually Cab & Chassis trucks. So companies like Centurion would do a conversion on them and make a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually with a pickup box. My guess is they started with a 4x4 Crew SWR and made it a dually, with either an adapter kit (much like the Arrowcraft kit) or actually swapped the bed and rear axle out........ The one I saw was just a plain white XLT Lariat truck..... not a fancy paint job.... just a regular old XLT Lariat that was 4x4 and had a Centurion badge on the bedside by the tail light.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as my local junk yard has a single cab toolbox bed f250 and it had centurion stickers on the window. Maybe I'll look closer and see if it's special

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have never seen a spacer on any manual flywheel. only spacers i have seen are on automatics.....

I don't know what I was thinking.. But this other engine had an e4od not a manual. My c6 didn't have one though.

I pulled the push rods/rockers and coated them with assembly lube. Resealed the oil pan. Only thing left is exhaust manifolds and it will be ready to toss back in. :D

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Good. I bet you can't wait to hear it running again. You're right. The flywheel for a C6 doesn't have a spacer, but it is a lot thicker (deeper) from the point where it mounts to the crank to ring gear. The starters still mounted in the same spot, so the difference in flywheel thicknesses had to be made up somehow.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely excited to get it finished. I really need a truck . Some pics.. I was going to clean and paint everything but I honestly don't feel like it lol. I cut the heads off the old head bolts and cut a slit in the top and used them to guide the heads down. Then just back them out with a flat head . :)
You must be registered for see images attach

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress is slow but it's coming along. :)

Is there suppose to be an oring on the power steering pump side of the high pressure line?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is almost done. A few bolts here and there and it should be on the road. The alternator belt is slapping the alternator and needs to be replaced anyway so I'm going to try the shorter belt trick. Fuel gauge reads way full so I'll have to figure that out but everything else seems to work. Also have to replace the brake master cylinder. Noticed this part of the vacuum system was broken off at the hose, what is this thing?

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... does that turn on the abs light? Or is it a brake warning light??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk