Project Rewbrooks

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wes for this thread. I was sweating the condition of the engine after you said you needed to pull the valve covers and oil filter. Good news on your findings.

I am looking forward to the new turbo and performance tuning upgrades.

And thanks to others for the kind remarks on my truck.

Rick

Nice truck Rick, pretty similar to my '94! Your in good hands with Wes:cheers:

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the cdr set up when you get to that point. I ran my cdr through the intake pre-turbo and ended up with a bunch of oil in the intercooler pipes. Right nnow I'm just running a catch can vented into the exhaust ..works ok. Running the R&D setup. Great work man!

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, Thanks! Yeah , I wouldn't mind finding a way to cut down on the oil in the intercooler. All the boots get oily as well. Im also not running a cdr.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
ended up with a bunch of oil in the intercooler pipes. Right nnow I'm just running a catch can vented into the exhaust ..works ok.

Wes or somebody maybe can answer this for me. I guess these IDI's have some natural blow-by from what I've learned here on OB. Especially at idle. When I....IF I EVER GET ROUND to hooking up my intercooler & all the tubing/plumbing, getting oil in the pipes etc is something I've thought & worried about.

I assume a correctly designed catch can set-up will collect the blow-by oil from the vapors? And this oil is not what we want draining back into our oil/crankcase?

Yrs ago on one of my prior engines (I'm currently on my 4th engine in Bessie) I rigged up a catch can, then on into a RDT. Was ok but "smoky" underneath.

About that time I made a run to Tx to my in-laws & looking here on OB I think, someone had it going into their exhaust. So while there I welded a pipe nipple "Y" into my 4" straight exhaust, then ran my RDT to the nipple.

I took off down I 30 filling the road behind me with blue smoke!! I used a gal of oil in 60 miles!! A Tx State Trooper followed me about 5 mi, finally stopped me.... wanted to know if EVERYONE from Or. smoked like that???

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes or somebody maybe can answer this for me. I guess these IDI's have some natural blow-by from what I've learned here on OB. Especially at idle. When I....IF I EVER GET ROUND to hooking up my intercooler & all the tubing/plumbing, getting oil in the pipes etc is something I've thought & worried about.

I assume a correctly designed catch can set-up will collect the blow-by oil from the vapors? And this oil is not what we want draining back into our oil/crankcase?

Yrs ago on one of my prior engines (I'm currently on my 4th engine in Bessie) I rigged up a catch can, then on into a RDT. Was ok but "smoky" underneath.

About that time I made a run to Tx to my in-laws & looking here on OB I think, someone had it going into their exhaust. So while there I welded a pipe nipple "Y" into my 4" straight exhaust, then ran my RDT to the nipple.

I took off down I 30 filling the road behind me with blue smoke!! I used a gal of oil in 60 miles!! A Tx State Trooper followed me about 5 mi, finally stopped me.... wanted to know if EVERYONE from Or. smoked like that???
Dont quote me but if you dont have a ventri valve the engine cant vent well. Essentially a check valve.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
count me in to. I've played with a few different set ups and haven't really been happy with any of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86