Project Rewbrooks

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure will, I just weld in a 1” aluminum bung into the intake pipe with the cdr in place. With the stock cdr you’re gonna get oil in the intercooler piping no matter what. I should have a solution out for that later this year.

That is why I was asking about the crankcase vent. I have most of what I need for my intercooler install but don't like the oil in the piping. When I intercooled my Powerstroke I just vented it through a 3/4 hose to the rear axle. I'm not impressed with that idea either.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the billet weld in barb I have made for the cdr
You must be registered for see images attach

Vac pump was bad, replaced it with another 6.0 pump and it’s operating like it should now

Installed new pyro lead and no longer have the bouncy needle and intermittent reading on the egt gauge

Holley nonbypass reg installed on the filter head, need to move the fuel pressure sensor on second outlet of the reg for a more accurate reading, just need to pick up a 3/8 to 1/8 npt adapter in town

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before adjusting the IP I wanted to take the truck out and get a baseline and check for leaks. I’ve got #2 injector leaking now, but otherwise looking good, coolant res doing its job here

Pulled the intake pipe off to get welded up tomorrow, and went ahead and got an initial adjustment on the pump. Pulled the inspection cover off and noticed some chunks coming out, caught some in my towel and with my micro magnet fishing inside the pump. My wager is the wave washer that holds preload on the driveshaft thrust bearing came apart. The pump is original with 197k so it’s seem some mileage, much more than most last. Unfortunately I pulled the top cover off and wasn’t able to fish any more pieces out, so there’s a pretty solid chance there’s more pieces floating around. The truck runs fine, so I put everything back together for now until we figure out what we want to do about the pump.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a clip from the test drive. This turbo sounds fantastic. Makes 8 psi of boost with zero fuel pressure and no pump adjustment, at first the gauge was reading into the 30s so I swapped out the sender with a spare I had and finally got a believable reading.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’ll be installing this beaut tomorrow and we should finally have some solid fuel pressure

Tested the coolant and added a quart of VC8 to get the sca back in spec

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so impressed with Wes’ attention to the details. It’s much better to find these issues in his shop than on the road.

He has spent some of my money, more than I anticipated; but, it’s better now than with my wife and pulling the RV.

Thanks to Wes for saving my life!!

Rick

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir! So we decided to go ahead with a pump rebuild and fresh set of injectors so I pulled the pump and injectors this evening. The pump actually has been reman before, and is coded for 2004. They must not have replaced the thrust washer (and who knows what else) when they had it apart, there’s no preload on the driveshaft at all:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
5 of the injectors are original, 3 are remans from the dealership, varying from 99-02 in date codes. The injector under the turbo must have never gotten the copper washer replaced it was stuck in there good, but I eventually got it out without pulling the turbo

Degreased everything while I had it apart.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have my lunch on that clean intake when I get the truck back!
Thanks again for your attention to details.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I will have my lunch on that clean intake when I get the truck back!
Thanks again for your attention to details.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can understand that! I couldn't have him do all of that to my truck. I'd be afraid to drive it. I'd also probably try to figure out how to get it inside my bedroom so I could sleep with it at night! Take that how you want to.LOL

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand that! I couldn't have him do all of that to my truck. I'd be afraid to drive it. I'd also probably try to figure out how to get it inside my bedroom so I could sleep with it at night! Take that how you want to.LOL

Poor truck lol in a bedroom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86