Project Rewbrooks

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Egts will be less of course, but how much varies with your setup. Ive seen egts cut in half by intercooling.

:eek: Wow. I be read that it helps but possibility of half? Outstanding! Really leaves more room to push more of almost everything. The way the pic above shows the routing looks amazing. Really impressive work boss! Always got a way to make a guy jealous!

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the turbo was out for machining, I got to work on some little stuff that needed attention. A couple things really bother me about these older trucks, one being rattles. I keep a stock of oem style stainless hardware to fix door panels rattling and I like to install new striker bushings to keep the door from vibrating, and to help them shut nice. Always find deck screws holding panels on and electrical tape in place of the striker bushings
You must be registered for see images attach

Ugh my truck even only having 125k rattles so much, I want to dynamat the cab, put new striker bushings and resecure the door panels I think itll make me love the truck a lot more.

No matter what model or sub model you get with an obs it feels like a work truck !!!!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have generally seen a 2-3 psi drop in boost psi when intercooling and about 2-300 * drop in egt from intercooling.
a stock ats 093/ heck any turbo will benefit from intercooling. it may lower boost, but colder air will gain you more power than hot boost.
Intercool. go for it you wont regret it. if you ever tow it will only help.
I made 226/501tq at 7 psi boost intercooled with a ww2 and 3'' dp on a stock turbo pump

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late night/morning update, decked the surface of the oil drain flange, the turbo outlet flange and the t3 flange for a leak free surface finish:

New o rings went into the oil drain, new grommet in the valley pan, new studs/nuts and mls gasket for the t3 flange

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped the whole up pipe assembly in as a unit with the exhaust housing, turbo elbow, y pipe and up pipe as one piece. Loosely bolted the y pipe to the exhaust manifold and then attached the oil drain with the 3/8 mod to the chra and loosely bolted that to the intake. Slid the exhaust housing onto that and bolted it together

Once the housing was attached to the chra, I tightened up the drain to the intake, then torqued the y pipe to the exhaust manifold. I did it this way because I was going to clock the housings anyways to set this turbo up for intercooling and it’s the best way to get no leaks the first time.

Then I started assembling the compressor housing. With the housing clocked for intercooling, the outlet for the wastegate hits the housing so I drilled out the spot welds clock it and reweld it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compressor housing bolted on with the wastegate clocked correctly. Ill be leaving the wastegate disconnected from boost reference, just adjusting the spring tension via the threaded arm. I replaced the stock oil lines with a vibrant feed line and fittings. I use an inline adapted on the turbo for the oil pressure gauge. Still messy the line routing will get cleaned up before it’s finished

Wrapped the crossover pipe and installed it with copper rtv on the flanges

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre-lubed the turbo and cleaned the feed line and fired it up to test for leaks. 50 psi oil pressure at cold idle with no leaks so far. These turbos sound very different from the stock factory turbo:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gonna sleep for a few hours and get back at it.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre-lubed the turbo and cleaned the feed line and fired it up to test for leaks. 50 psi oil pressure at cold idle with no leaks so far. These turbos sound very different from the stock factory turbo:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gonna sleep for a few hours and get back at it.

Music to my ears. Can’t wait to feel the power in the seat of my pants.

Rick

8gitmusik1

1994_E350_7.3_IDI_N/A_E4OD
Reaction score
"Me likey the whine, zerrrriiiiiahhhfff! as the pedal meets the floor... and then foot removed..."

Aaahh, the sweeet sound of eventual, perpetual, pedal to the metal, marked acceleration.

Rewbrooks is going to "smile, at least a mile" when he takes her on home!

A genuine seen and heard, improvement over stock. Great job Wes!

Classic Diesel Designs rock on....Spool Up!

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welded a lip around the edge of the intake hat to hold the boot on and installed it with a fresh gasket and bolt seal.

Once I get back to the shop Sunday I’ll post some more of the small details with the intercooler piping but here’s how it sits right now, I really wanted to use 3” piping for everything instead of the 2.5” since the 6.0 intercooler has a 3.5” and 3” inlet and outlet, took some creativity to make everything fit but got a pretty slick setup now, all front of the pump is still accessible for timing adjustments and the belt can still be changed without removing anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online