Project Rewbrooks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ultimately I am very blessed just to be able to get to do the work I do. It’s been a lot of work and learning up to this point but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Late last night I got some more work done on the truck, cleaned up some wiring for the gauges, just adjusting the routing so the harnesses aren’t strained and they are tucked out of the way nice (Sorry it got flipped)
You must be registered for see images attach

Replacement coolant overflow installed with a little bracket off the core support and a band clamp

Blue 6637 w/ prefilter mocked into place to start building the intake

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After playing with the routing a bit, I changed my mind on how I wanted it to run, and decided on this setup with the intake kinda mirroring the cold side piping. Clears the hood without any issues

I like it, obviously just roughly sitting in place without the turbo in there but I know what silicone boots I need to order now.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Thanks guys, ultimately I am very blessed just to be able to get to do the work I do. It’s been a lot of work and learning up to this point but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Wes I feel same as you, happy to tinker etc. I watch you & everyone else here on OB.....I learn by watching & doing. Get my shop built this spring & I got several IDI projects looking forward to!!!
& I'll be pestering everyone here on OB till everyone is sick to see me coming! LOL

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ultimately I am very blessed just to be able to get to do the work I do. It’s been a lot of work and learning up to this point but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Happy to hear that. Get a few bills off my back and sched an appointment so u can make under my hood look that clean. I'm no good at wiring so u know it looks like the **** monster did all my wiring. But, no. Just me being terrible at it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear that. Get a few bills off my back and sched an appointment so u can make under my hood look that clean. I'm no good at wiring so u know it looks like the **** monster did all my wiring. But, no. Just me being terrible at it.
Just let me know when and well get you taken care of!

8gitmusik1

1994_E350_7.3_IDI_N/A_E4OD
Reaction score
Wes,

VERY nice job on this truck. Its really coming along well. I really admire and respect CLEAN workmanship, and your intercooler routing and all the OTHER updates to this truck seem well thought out. So far, with what you've posted, this has given me lots of ideas. Thanks! "Following" this build project now.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While the turbo was out for machining, I got to work on some little stuff that needed attention. A couple things really bother me about these older trucks, one being rattles. I keep a stock of oem style stainless hardware to fix door panels rattling and I like to install new striker bushings to keep the door from vibrating, and to help them shut nice. Always find deck screws holding panels on and electrical tape in place of the striker bushings

Adjusted the shifter and MLPS so you can start the truck without having to climb in and wiggle the shifter

Fixed the wiring on the new FSV so both tanks and gauges work. Rear sending unit ohm'd out bad, its reading low ohms regardless of fuel level, which pegs the fuel gauge. Fixed a fuel leak on one of the hose connections by the pump and behind the engine on the return. Changed out the prefilters ahead of the FSV but already got some crud in the fresh ones, glad they're there.

Mounted up the 6.0 vacuum pump and ran a line to the distribution block so the factory warning light works if vacuum level drops too low. Blocked off the unneeded ports for the vacuum brakes (hydroboost converted already) Seem to be having issues with the internal shutoff switch, the pump doesnt want to build enough pressure to shut itself off regardless if theres lines hooked up or just blocked off. If I put a manual vacuum pump on the outlet it will make and hold enough pressure to shut itself off, but wont build it back up. Ive got a ford vacuum pump kicking around the shop somewhere, gonna try that out in place of the dorman pump. As far as wiring I just have the pump grounding off one of the mounting bolts, and its piggy backing power off the relay for the fuel pump to come on with ignition. The pump hardly draws anything, so it didnt need an individual circuit and fuse.

With the new prefilters I was hoping the e pump we have in there would be sufficient but its dropping pressure just putting the truck in gear. Ive got a 105p on the way and a holley reg. Should be fixed for good then, and have the extra fuel we need to turn the IP up for the new setup

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack a thread, but what benefits would I see with the 093 ATS setup with stock guts would I get with an intercooler set up like this as far as egts and boost numbers and boost response Thewespaul?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The max tow boost gauge was pegged on 40 psi when the truck came to the shop, I did some diagnosing and everything checked out good except for the gauge, so we got a replacement in and I got it installed in place of the dead one and its working as it should again

Picked the turbo up last night, this is another 60-1/stage 5 T350 combo

Ive got stainless feed lines and vibrant fittings for the new turbo, going to eliminate the leaky hardlines with -4 braided lines, should have some parts showing up shortly.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack a thread, but what benefits would I see with the 093 ATS setup with stock guts would I get with an intercooler set up like this as far as egts and boost numbers and boost response Thewespaul?

So just a stock turbo with the addition of an intercooler? An intercooler will drop your boost pressure with the same air flowing into the engine since it drops the temp, so say you are flowing 750 cfm at 200* you get 15 psi, cool that same amount of air to 120* and youll see around 12-13 psi of boost. Cooler air makes more power, and lower boost allows you to risk head gasket failure less, you can even turn up the fuel more to bring it back up to 15 psi. Egts will be less of course, but how much varies with your setup. Ive seen egts cut in half by intercooling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online