My 1985 F350 Lifted CC diesel dually build

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my truck and my wife’s car are both down so this biuild will have to be put on hold until I can find us some means of transportation!

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my dodge back on the road and am planning on ordering my RSK from sky once my tax refund comes in. For the last 2” of lift, do y’all recommend a block, add a leaf, or shackle drop bracket? I’m going to keep my idi springs for now to get the truck on the road sooner. Also trying to plan my engine swap. I was planning on pulling the engines with a bobcat but have been told they were too heavy for it. What do y’all recommend?

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow nice I'll be following your thread. I thought I had my work cut out for me but hats off to you brother.

The engine is @950lb

Best of luck to you!

You must be registered for see images attach

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to get everything together before then so I’ve come up with this list and y’all feel free to give input.
RSK
Front blocks/hardware
Rear hardware- I don’t know what blocks I will need yet.
Bolts to install spring brackets to frame.
Shocks- I still have to do research on what kind I want.
Pitman arm and bracket for 4” lift.
Anything I may be missing?

Rugged Rig

Reaction score
This is basically where im at with my f-superduty 4wd swap project. I am running 38 xml military tires like your looking to run. On the back for now im running the 11.00 R 16 militarys witch are the same diameter but alot narrower witch lets me get around without a spacer for now.

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet!!! How did you do your front suspension? To get on the road sooner, I am just doing 4 inch lift/35 inch tires for now but down the road that is what I would like to do!

Rugged Rig

Reaction score
Looks sweet!!! How did you do your front suspension? To get on the road sooner, I am just doing 4 inch lift/35 inch tires for now but down the road that is what I would like to do!

The F-Superdutys come 2wd with leaf springs and a I beam front axle. Unbolt the I beam axle and bolt in a dana 60 and this is how it sits on factory springs lol.

If you could find a set of used f-superduty springs they would be a cheap alternative lift for you

Last edited:

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my 2 wheel drive frame has twin I beam with coil springs so it requires more modification which is why I am doing the RSK with my SAS! After I get it driving, then I can worry about making it look good and getting it far back in the woods! For now, I’ll just use the tractor as I don’t even have a transmission yet! LOL!

Jimbanjer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to drive down to LKQ today! Supposedly they have a 89 F250 diesel 4X4 with a ZF5! Hopefully it’s still in there! I’ve done automatic transmissions before but is there anything I need to know about pulling a manual?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing special I can think of. Just make sure you get the pedal assembly and all the associated wiring and switches that go with the manual. You're going to want the shift linkage for the transfer case too. I'm sure you know that but wanted to remind you in case you forgot.

You might want to grab the transmission tunnel if you can. I don't remember if they're different in size but it will have the cutout for the shifter and pulling it will make transmission removal much easier.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the pedals from the t18 not work?

If they are from the same body style they should. I had forgotten what year your truck was. If it's an 85 you will need the pedals from an... 83?-86 if its an 87-91 then you would need the pedals from an 87-91 and so on.

As far as I know, manual pedals should be the same within the correct year range. T18 pedals should work if the year range is correct for the cab/dash you have.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did have a build thread for all mine till photo bucket screwed that one. Mine started as a 2wd srw. Shackle reversal with 99-04 superduty springs and a 2.5 inch level kit on the front. Rear is all custom with air ride

Is the build thread still up. If you are still hosting the pics on photobucket I can fix the broken pic links in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online