I Bought the Blizzard

Geurink403

Reaction score
My name is matt im 19 and I just bought the blizzard from Darin at D&L. This is my first diesel truck so I am new to it so any advice is more than welcome

SKimballC

Reaction score
Advice? Well, the only advice I would give you about that truck is to buy it, but since you already did that, then uh, drive it and love it. Welcome to OB ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we all know the history of this truck, recently remanufactured engine, cared for by Darrin and before that by Rob... you bought a good one. Familiarize yourself with cavitation and be sure to keep up with that additive and keep the oil changed and it will last you probably longer than your interest in it. Congrats. BTW welcome to OB!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Start with the tech articles at the top. That'll keep you occupied for some time. Then just go out and look things over. Maybe turn a wrench on something. There's nothing very difficult on these trucks.

Oh and welcome to your new addiction

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Congrats. you got a good truck there.(Funny... we know more about it than he does LOL ) Welcome to OB.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Matt,

Welcome to the brotherhood - first things first...

You bought a truck that is quite schweet - Rob built the truck up right so you shouldn't have any problems with it. We all watched via the net the build up of the truck and Rob gave it good loving care.

Now that you own Blizzard you need to come to the 2008 IDI Weekend in July of next year and meet some really good folks. Your truck I'm sure would like to come back and play with it's friends... Now you wouldn't want to deny it that now would you...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You are now the envy of probably half the people on here...I know that I would have bought her in a heartbeat if I had had the $$...and if I had any need for a second truck (my poor rig hardly gets driven as it is :cry: )...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:hail
Welcome aboard Matt. You got a sweet ride there as Rob did a heckuva job building it up. Like was said read up on the tech articles and stick around we'll help ya keep the Blizzard up in top notch shape and maybe even help ya spend some of your money on upgrades.:D

I too am a little envious, but hey every truck has to have an owner and yer it!:thumbsup:

congrats on finding the Blizzard and happy truckin!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Matt, glad to hear you made it and was able to post.;Sweet

Just to let the guys know, Matt called me tonight and the T-case shifter broke off tonight. Hate when that happens. I will be helping him out with that tomorrow.

Just can never trust those car salesman hu,..! :D

Talk to you tomorrow Matt!

Later

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Congratulations and Welcome. Not only You got a great deal on that truck You also got one of the very few salesman around. I wish I found someone like Darrin when I bought My truck, but at least I found these good guys that over the years share their findings and info.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep got one of those salemens with the wide flashy ties - betcha he told ya it was only driven by a little old lady on Sundays as she was heading to church...

Oh man sorry to hear the shifter broke - need more details on it - but your in good hands with Darrin by your side. Knowing Darrin he'll get his hands dirty with ya on the labor portion and he actually knows what he's doing so that's a plus - or at least he will fake it good...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt, glad to hear you made it and was able to post.;Sweet

Just to let the guys know, Matt called me tonight and the T-case shifter broke off tonight. Hate when that happens. I will be helping him out with that tomorrow.

Just can never trust those car salesman hu,..! :D

Talk to you tomorrow Matt!

Later

Ouch. Wouldn't doubt if nobody tried to move that lever in a while. Welcome Matt. Your truck has been to Moose Valley, and I hope you got the (my old) magazine. We convoyed to Chattanooga with it, and my son rode in it on the way down and took some cool pictures like this one.
You must be registered for see images

Here it is with it's friends down in Chattanooga.
You must be registered for see images

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle