New guy to the IDIs

MC770

Reaction score
I'm no expert on them, but I don't think that the 650Rs came out until in the 90's. I would LOVE a XR650R. I'd probably make that my only dirt bike if I could find one.
Yeah you're correct the 650Rs where around 2000, meant to put the 600R the generation prior that the 650s replaced

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about the RM-125 when it was first introduced...

I was motoring around on a SL-70 that I had spent the summer shaping up to putt around on and trying to jump it...not enough power...

Could barely pull a wheelie...

I still have the shop manual...it said to use compressed air to blow off parts after you cleaned them...all I had was lung power...gasoline dried pretty quickly, though...

If I had been able to access a torch and had some instruction in welding and brazing back then...things would have progressed a lot faster instead of at a snails pace....(sigh)...

Back then guys used goggles for eye protection from flash damage...

I did get to ride a Yamaha 125...two-stroke...once...don't know if it was a YZ....sucker was POWERFUL...my buddy was riding wheelies as far as the neighbors yard would let him...I do know that the factory offered a GYT-KIT to hop it up even more...higher compression head and some other items...

Those were the days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86