Diego Revisited

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made a little bit of progress on the headlight guards for the bumper this weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

Some of my welds even look decent after they're ground down LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I fixed the fuel gauge issue I was having, at least on the front tank.

I crawled under the truck with the brand new sending unit I bought for the other truck and verified the wiring and gauge worked as it should.

Then I grabbed a sending unit off a spare tank from a parts truck, verified that read as it should as well.

I swapped the two sending units out and I have to say, my friend was exactly correct on the "cause of death"

I fully expected a wiring issue since the rear sender doesn't work either. Turns out it was just the float!

I tightened up the rear brakes today too. Seems they might need a little bit more but at least they're working now after having the drums turned true.

I think my brake vibration is the front left wheel but that's a problem for another day. I don't really feel like tearing into that today. I noticed one of the rotors had a blemish in it at install and I was already past the warranty period so I put it on anyway. My suspicion is that I'll need another rotor.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement floats? I need two

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement floats? I need two

I feel like I saw them somewhere but I can't remember where. Might have been bronco graveyard or maybe Dennis Carpenter. If I find them again I'll let you know.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the rotor changed out today. This picture shows the flaws a little bit better. I wish I knew some place local that had an on vehicle brake lathe, it probably would have just cleaned up.

Gave me an excuse to finally change that caliper I bought last year when the other side seized up. Still need to bleed it, somehow I forgot to get brake fluid.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't throw it away! Eventually @Clb will find an O'Reilly's worth a hoot and we can send our collection to him and he'll get them turned for us.

I'm actually not going to toss this one. It's barely used so there should be plenty of meat to turn it down. I'll either find a place to do it eventually or figure out how to do it myself. Until then it can sit on the shelf with the rest of the junk I "might need someday" LOL

Hey, they're $90 new right now, not going to get any cheaper I'm sure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7