1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrier/facet pump observations

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by laserjock, Apr 28, 2019.

1. IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO IDIBRONCO

I feel the same way. I wonder what makes it "closed course competition use only"?

Cubey likes this.
  2. Garbage_Mechan

Garbage_Mechan Garbage Mechanic

More and more parts vendors are adding disclaimers similar to this. The EPA and CARB have been rattling their sabers, mostly due to idiots deleting the emissions equipment and blowing smoke in new trucks. Vendors are afraid of fines that could put them out of business so a better safe than sorry path is taken. In this case for no reason.

IDIBRONCO and dgr like this.
  3. Cubey

Cubey Full timer RVer

"... and other diesel lift applications."

It's just weird that they need to sell an on-road legal one that seems to be identical to the "racing" Seachoice one, but costs more. Does it have some extra safety feature over the Seachoice? Stuff that looks the same on the outside isn't always the same inside.

I bought a "Seaflo" brand fresh water pump and accumulator tank for RV use because they are identical to "SHURflo" ones marketed for RV use, but cost less.

4. Cubey

Cubey Full timer RVer

No one selling the straight Facet Dura-Lift pumps say that, only ones selling the SeaChoice versions do. Makes me think there is something physically different about the pump internally.

Boatid isn't fooling around... go click add to cart and they blast you with a huge legal disclaimer you must agree to saying you won't use it except for racing purposes.

Screenshot_20200116-103855_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200116-103916_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200116-103922_Chrome.jpg

Jason1377 likes this.
  5. Clb

Clb Another old truck Supporting Member

well this is from my Shovelhead image_38589.jpg forum brethren BUT...
    Good luck with the faucett!
    It ties into my sig line...

tbrumm and dgr like this.
  6. dgr

dgr Full Access Member

Could be an insurance thing for the mfg. Cheaper liability insurance if they exclude recreational boats. Fortunately for me I won't find out since they have a California shipping restriction.

7. Cubey

Cubey Full timer RVer

But it's Facet... and they already make street legal pumps.

8. dgr

dgr Full Access Member

I could be way off base. I thought that was their marine pump. Car gets a fuel leak and you step out and roast some hotdogs. Happens on a boat and it gets real bad, real fast.

9. Cubey

Cubey Full timer RVer

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Seachoice is made by Facet and has the Facet logo but it costs less than the Facet pumps sold as non-marine.

The Seachoice 20331 even says right on the label "Facet 40222".

1579237183632.jpg
    1579237105377.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. dgr

dgr Full Access Member

It's sold by sea choice. It's a rebrand. If there is a lawsuit, they would be named in it.

I have to deal with a half dozen business insurance policies every year. My own policy, I have to have some of my customers added to it in order to work for them. Another policy, the corp provides a product that our customers use to stay compliant with IRS and DOL regulations. Even though it is assumed our customers carry insurance, we carry our own E&O insurance because, Murica.

I looked a little. I don't see Sea Choice mentioning that competition disclaimer anywhere. More likely it is boatid pushing that disclaimer on you. You can see that disclaimer you posted mentions one of their trademarks.

I do know from my experience boating that the coast guard takes accidents more seriously than the police. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I agree. It's the same as the facet you are interested in and costs less money. I still wouldn't have any concern about putting it in my truck if I wanted a facet. Spend more for it at Amazon and you won't get the disclaimer. They even ship to California. LOL

Cubey likes this.