1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrier/facet pump observations

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by laserjock, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Clb

Clb Another old truck Supporting Member

For them guys searching....
    The e4'Oh dee... pullin in high\od gear with a banks aint the same as an 093 with an zf5 for comparo.
    Boost and rpm matters more.
    My fauwcett is goin on the shelf soon.
    Btw
    Never lost my azz pulling with the filter light on for loooooong pulls.
    But Ibet the egt issues and loss of boost, came by the same problem.!!!?
    Still seein h2o spikeing when the light is on and boost drops.....
    Till next time cb out

2. Clb

So has anyone tested the factory filter for restrictions over the dual setups offered by the good guys???
    After a few k pulling my 7k fifth around, I never feel chitt before during or after the light comes on...
    But loss of gitieUPP, AND road speed...
    Need to add an intercooler, and a splitter fer the gears....
    To be continued

3. tbrumm

tbrumm Full Access Member

So I know this is really overkill for our fuel system, but other than cost, why isn't anybody running one of these pumps, especially you guys with the big IP's and intercooled turbos?

https://airdogliftpumps.com/product/airdog-r1sbu369-raptor-pump-universal-100gph/

Yeah, it is expensive, but by the time you take into account that a Facet (or a Holley) is over $100, then add in a by-pass style regulator and hose/fittings in the case of the Holley and you are into nearly another $100. Also with the Holley, you know you will eventually be replacing it somewhere down the line.

In my case, between two Facets and a regulator/hose/fittings I am nearly to the cost of the Raptor. And unlike the other pumps, this thing also gets the air out of the fuel, doesn't it? And it has a lifetime warranty on it.

Discuss!

Clb likes this.
  4. BrianX128

BrianX128 Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's just weird because I have used different 40222's on the same truck with different results.

I've also forgot to turn the toggle switch on for the relay to the facet pump and drove the truck 22 miles with no "lift pump" at all so honestly short of priming the system and keeping the pump from being at negative pressure wearing out the IP, I don't know if we aren't making overkill out of what the IP really "wants" to run properly. As long as your pushing fuel at the IP somehow and any form of positive pressure, I'd wager your not going to notice much of a difference. Even going up some super steep hills at wot without remembering to turn my facet on, the truck was billowing out some black smoke so it still had enough fuel to be "overfueling" but I can see wanting to constant psi for timing and whatnot. I just wonder how much it matters.

5. tjsea

tjsea Full Access Member

I've got a FASS system with filters on my truck. I was having priming issues, but that turned out to be a missing filter sealing ring someone left out when changing the water separator. Since then it's been working great. If I had to do it again I'd go with an Airdog brand with an adjustable regulator though. FASS requires changing springs and fittings to get the pressure low enough. The raptor pump you shared doesn't separate out air, it is strictly a lift pump. The ones with filters are the ones that take any air out of the system. @no_mufflers is using the raptor pump on his truck I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tbrumm likes this.
  6. Clb

Fwiw
    6500 miles towing from sea level over the I5 north bound, into alaska and back with the light on often still going (sux sweating it failing, ) holley on deck in case.
    I think these work, just not well.
    Now the newly found ford pn. Needs verification as to manufacturer and quality.
    It seems awesome if...
    It lasts, I dought my fear of a crank case full of diesel would go un noticed (due to a no fuel to ip situ) although some have driven with no epump power without issue?????? Hmmm
    Will not puke a diaphram in 20k miles
    Keeps 5 psi alldayLONG
    Who cares about price.