back in an idi

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
brought home an 88 f250 today. its a 7.3 c6 4x4. has a few little issues that need some work. the headlights cut off on me on the way home, i think its the dimmer switch as they came back on after i clicked it a few times. a/c doesnt work, and i think the thermostat is sticking. it would kind of heat up and go down a few times running 65 on the interstate. going back with an IH one on that, and gonna flush the cooling system, use fleetcharge antifreeze and get a new radiator cap. it had some dinky tires on it when i brought it home, so i threw some used 285s i had laying around on it. heres some crappy pics of it, ill try to get some better ones tommarow. let me know what you think

You must be registered for see images attach

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
congrats on the ride.
we taking bets on how long you are going to hang onto this ride?

you can if you want too LOL. i dont really care anything about selling my vehicles but its hard to turn down a good profit. this one is about as clean as they come around here. never even had a gooseneck hitch.

and before someone asks it was $1900

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
forgot to post back with better pics. got it waxed up and looking decent.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice to see it all shined up. Please do one thing before you do anything else. Fix the front bumper. It really bothers me to see them turned down like that. I really don't know why or how that happens but I see it lots around town. I think it may be from running into the back of another car but I'm not sure of that. Why does this happen to the bumpers. Is it a safety thing or it does this instead of ruining the complete bumper if you hit something that didn't move... Just kinda wonder... I really like the color combo too... Welcome back...

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i plan on fixing the bumper Gary! just really unsure how to fix it lol. gonna take it off and check out the mounts. might fab up some mounts to hold the sides up. my 87 is like this too. i hate it! that paint sure aint perfect but i think if i repaint the hood and top of the fenders it will make a world of difference!

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next time I get up to KY I am going to have to circle through and say hi to you and Heath. I still have some friends that live over close to Clinton, but my uncle just retired back to AR from Madisonville. My last trip up wasn't any fun when I had a rear wheel bearing go out on my Marauder in Central City on a Saturday at noon and the wife and I had to be back in AR on Monday morning for work.

Ronnie

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
My bumper on the '94 did that after my dad pulled my grandpa out of the ditch using the bumper as a tieoff point. Thanks dad.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
The next time I get up to KY I am going to have to circle through and say hi to you and Heath. I still have some friends that live over close to Clinton, but my uncle just retired back to AR from Madisonville. My last trip up wasn't any fun when I had a rear wheel bearing go out on my Marauder in Central City on a Saturday at noon and the wife and I had to be back in AR on Monday morning for work.

Ronnie

come on down, maybe we can have a mini rally LOL. id love to check out Heaths trucks

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice lookn rig, now that I think of it isee quite a few bricknoeses in town with the bumper like that