ATS Turbo Up-pipe Joint

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Good job Eric!
What's boost maxing at now?
Time to play with fuel..

thanks Chris.
i hit 8psi last night. i can hit 5-6 easy before 2500rpm. egt's don't get higher than 700 at the max.

Isn't that a beautiful feeling?;Sweet The quietness and power gained from sealing the up pipe system is very gratifying.:peelout

yes it is pretty cool. it actually caught my off guard. i took off from a stop and the truck just went. i told my friends last night, i didn't know my truck had balls below 2K rpm.lol

thats where i buy mine. 35959 for 8.19

I tried buying it once from the local Advance and when i gave them the number they looked at me like i had a **** sticking out my forehead.

^^^that's funny right there.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
This is awesome!!!!!!

just got to school. drove the truck. this thing is fun to drive.

cruising flat ground unloaded @55mph ~1800-1900 rpm.........~2psi:D

i can't wait to start playing with fuel and see if i can hit 10-12psi as easily as i can hit 5-6 right now. i routinely find my self getting to 60-65mph pretty quick.

it's a good thing the price of diesel is going down right now since the level in my fuel tanks is going down as well. not entirely sure why my front tank only lasted me 2.5 day of driving.:rolleyes::sly:dunno:angel:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
welp.........i am leaking again at the up-pipe joint. i was under the truck today checking all my exhaust clamps(they were nice and tight btw) and noticed a ton of black all the way around the up-pipe. i noticed that i can grab the exhaust pipe and move it up and down and the up-pipe joint "flexes".

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have some new parts for that joint soon.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
acoustiseal........................NO WORKY!

i took the stuff apart again this morning and applied the acoustiseal and i drove the truck 50 miles today and it sounds like a massive exhaust leak. i now struggle to hit 5 psi unless i am hot footing it.

i will try to find a place that can get some versa chem stuff that a member on FTE recommended and try that stuff. if that does not work, short of getting a new pipe and y it seems that i am SOL.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
acoustiseal........................NO WORKY!

i took the stuff apart again this morning and applied the acoustiseal and i drove the truck 50 miles today and it sounds like a massive exhaust leak. i now struggle to hit 5 psi unless i am hot footing it.

i will try to find a place that can get some versa chem stuff that a member on FTE recommended and try that stuff. if that does not work, short of getting a new pipe and y it seems that i am SOL.

BRAIN FART here....BIG one too...but that braided rope you see around wood stove doors the fire proof kind....or some exhaust wrap even I duuno? How bout making some kind of packing with it say...soaked in some ceramic paint for painting ceramics...the kind you fire in kiln, then stuffing it into around and all about the pipe joint and using a big clamp or something to hold it in place? Just a Big brain fart idea but eh? *** right?

Then let that dry...fire that puppy up and getter warm....real warm and see if that pain cures hard and seals it you could even use acoustaseal too in the gap and hope it's a better stayput seal?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
It normally works. My hot side piping is all leak free. Those slip joints normally seal so well that i can never get them back apart.