Down pipe and v clamp

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small leak where the down pipe connects to the turbo. It became very loud and I thought I had destroyed my engine. I do eve it home at about 35 mph and yesterday I tightened up the v clamp. That took care of the loud noise. I still have a small leak at the joint. I can see puffs when I start it and heat ticks when driving down the road. It blows right in the firewall.

I am thinking about replacing the v clamp first since it is probably original. Where is a good place to purchase it. Part number would be helpful. Also my next step after that would be to replace the down pipe. I have found a couple. Most of them increase your pipe diameter to at least 3”. I am not interested in increasing my pipe diameter. Any suggestions on where to obtain a new down pipe?

thanks

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all i know of is the 3" DP's
could always make your own.

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 in down pipe requires your turbo housing to be modified. I want to stay with the stock size. I would prefer to replace the pipe without removing turbo, if possible. Of course I want to try just replacing the v clamp first.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the 093 turbo? If so will this work?

Attachments

• IMG_1235.png
    IMG_1235.png
    691.8 KB · Views: 6

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
How does the stock 093 turbo have to be modified for a 3in down pipe? My kit came with the 3in and worked just fine with my 093

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't one just bolt one of these generic eBay vband clamp plates on and get a bigger exhaust downpipe? Wastegate would be deleted, though some of them have a wastegate configuration as well.

3" vband clamp 5 bolt t3/t4 adapter comes up with a ton of results and configurations

You must be registered for see images attach

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read is the back of turbo has to be cut off and a 3in adapter welded into it. Yes I have the stock turbo. Isn’t that the ATS 93?

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ATS 093 is the aftermarket turbo and came with a 3" DP

The factory turbo is made by ATS but has the squished downpipe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online