ATS intercooler piping

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm seeing this thru a diffrnt set of eyes now Russ... Go for it because its going to help many here. Now there will be no logical reason not to intercool and Moose pumped engine like we are supposed too... Or any other id that turbo equipted.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn't it just easier and cheaper to take the truck to an exhaust shop and have 'em bend up some exhaust pipe guys?
this is what im planning on doing.so just wondering.besides without the same cooler and same location,the ats pipes will only be so good to us right?
i don't wanna miss out on something and do something foolishly/needlessly.im always looking for a bargain.have to,or i wouldn't have half the mods i do now lmao.
if you can't appreciate the engineering that went into the piping and it's routing, i don't know what to tell you. i spent $1300 on the kit and still am glad I did. unless the exhaust shop has a mandrel bender there is no way in hell you will get bends that smooth.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it's not brother.often my wallet and myself appreciate greatly different things is all.there's always so much to do to these old trucks it seems.my dump pump just broke on me the other day.it was used and came with the bed,i got 3 yrs out of 'er,so can't complain.but there goes another $450-500 this month,while planning a cooler.always something i guess.well you know how it goes,you had it worse than me this month, you lost a gear vendors.
yeah,the shop has mandrel bender.
i didn't mean to imply being able to buy an ats kit wouldn't be appreciated.for us on strict budgets per projects we simply may not have a choice is all i meant.always got to weigh your options.sometimes we can't afford what we want,and have to go with what we need or what will work.

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it's not brother.often my wallet and myself appreciate greatly different things is all.there's always so much to do to these old trucks it seems.my dump pump just broke on me the other day.it was used and came with the bed,i got 3 yrs out of 'er,so can't complain.but there goes another $450-500 this month,while planning a cooler.always something i guess.well you know how it goes,you had it worse than me this month, you lost a gear vendors.
yeah,the shop has mandrel bender.
i didn't mean to imply being able to buy an ats kit wouldn't be appreciated.for us on strict budgets per projects we simply may not have a choice is all i meant.always got to weigh your options.sometimes we can't afford what we want,and have to go with what we need or what will work.
my wallet is no different than yours. i make do with older equipment while others around me are able to field the latest and greatest. i too have to save up for mod toys and not all the trucks in my fleet get all the same toy treatment and a couple do. they all do get a maintenance level that exceeds DOT standards and that gives me the confidence to send them anywhere they need to go to get the job done. I paid a fortune for the first kit. the second kit nowhere near as much, but if there are parts available down the line, I will certainly be there to buy more. btw, you're one lucky guy to know a exhaust shop with a mandrel bender. i don't know anyone in kali who owns one and is willing to do small batch custom run stuff. closest I can get to is a buddy in AZ, and he still hits me pretty ******* the weekends when he isn't paying a employee to satisfy my madness. I'd like to see the final bill of your pipes when it's done.

Blsford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can't appreciate the engineering that went into the piping and it's routing, i don't know what to tell you. i spent $1300 on the kit and still am glad I did. unless the exhaust shop has a mandrel bender there is no way in hell you will get bends that smooth.

Wow. I made my own using various mandrel beds for MUCH less. Guess I'm in the wrong business :eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I made my own using various mandrel beds for MUCH less. Guess I'm in the wrong business :eek:

i suspect half the cost was the Spearco intercooler. US made stuff is generally stratospheric in pricing compared to the chinese stuff from CX racing.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Russ, Id be interested in intercooler piping also. Keep us informed please. Right now, I have an ATS 088 kit that Im planning on installing. Will it work with that? I realize I need to fab up an intake hat. Also, looking for the o-ring between the intake hat and intake manifild. Any ideas on where to find one? Thanks

John

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ makes a hat not sure if it will work for an 088 but dont see why not. Also yes it will work great with an 088 non gated ats turbo.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute Russ, which Justin are we talking about here? I need to know who the Justin is that you're referring to.

Justin Wheeler Nmb2 There is some IC that match the kits as well for sell an 093 new kits too which are not heard of this will probley be the last oppertunity to acquire these brand new factory set-ups this would complete a stock period correct truck if someone was looking to do so. Or just a n/a looking for some juice!

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clear up some misinformation, there are no complete 093 kits, only pieces, as in NO crossovers or downpipes or elbows. . I will have all info next week.
And as Towcat says, the spearco IC is the best made around. But the chinese ones will fit and I might be making an intake hat that will work. depends on SERIOUS interest.
Thanks for the time.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Sorry Russ, I'm out. I have nothing against you, as I've pointed out in previous threads, you are always very kind and helpful with me but I can't buy the piping or anything else from you that would in anyway give that @$$#*!# a profit. He's been nothing but a colossal ***** to me and my family and I just will not pad that guys wallet. He's by far the biggest jerk I've ever known and has never apologized for any of the BS he's put my family through. Please accept my apology for having to back out of this deal.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Russ, Id be interested in intercooler piping also. Keep us informed please. Right now, I have an ATS 088 kit that Im planning on installing. Will it work with that? I realize I need to fab up an intake hat. Also, looking for the o-ring between the intake hat and intake manifild. Any ideas on where to find one? Thanks

John

John,

I've been using the Chevy carb gaskets with good success so far.