8th Gen 7.3 IDI C.O.I?

divemaster5734

Reaction score
That kit is for v belt without AC, or serpentine belt only.
I used a universal intercooling kit to save some $$$. This is the one I used.

The intake I used a KN filter. I struggled getting that big Donaldson air filter everyone likes to use to fit in my truck, the K&N was a breeze.

Only other cost was extra silicone boots to adapt the piping to my turbo and the CDD intake hat. Even tho it worked fine, I’d recommend the v-banded intake manifold.

Also gotta think about crank case ventilation. I deleted my CDR and routed 12AN hose from my timing cover plate to a catch can and then into the intake. Works really well and doesn’t suck up any oil from the timing cover plate.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm drooling.
In truth, I had given up on the C350 years ago, and believed all that was left was for me to finally "get over it" and sell to someone else.
But then the opportunity literally came out of nowhere for the free donor engine and transmission.
Unfortunately, as with most freebies, it's sitting on a forested property with a frozen rear end, having sat there like that for over 15 years.
I'm going to have to do the swap there, under a HF portable garage stuffed under some trees to avoid as much wind and snow as possible, with a pop up canopy for a work station.
Mostly just getting it running for now with 088 rebuild and Garret upgrade, 110 cc pump rebuild, and stage 1 injectors. Everything is already sent in and paid for.
That is some nice looking meticulous work.

divemaster5734

Reaction score
Gotcha. Well that’s good info I appreciate it. Guess I will have to get creative with the intake on this truck. I like what @Lumberjackchuck did in the posts above.

Either something like that to avoid the A/C on my V belts or maybe get the stuff and convert to a serpentine setup.
The worst will be finding the parts as wiring and mounts are only available from donors.
Salvage yards are picked clean and everything else is running.

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worst will be finding the parts as wiring and mounts are only available from donors.
Salvage yards are picked clean and everything else is running.

You can find aftermarket mounts. I picked some up from autozone a couple months ago and they were fine.

For wiring, I definitely recommend checking out https://www.ididiesel.com/

He should have everything you need, I just bought his glowplug harness for IDIT and it was super good quality. Connectors fit very snuggly.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well shoot since my engine is apart... I guess I know what I'm ordering.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I used a universal intercooling kit to save some $$$. This is the one I used.
That's the same intercooler that I have. Since I'm going to be running a Typ4 modded first gen Banks, I bought a universal piping kit off of Ebay. I doubt that it will make enough boost to be an issue.

divemaster5734

Reaction score
You can find aftermarket mounts. I picked some up from autozone a couple months ago and they were fine.

For wiring, I definitely recommend checking out https://www.ididiesel.com/

He should have everything you need, I just bought his glowplug harness for IDIT and it was super good quality. Connectors fit very snuggly.
Being a Sparky by trade I make my own cables and harnesses out of double wall marine heat shrink and press copper lugs.
Here I thought I was just waiting for parts and you mentioned autozone.
Never even considered trying to source the brackets and tensioner from a chain retailer.
Bet I could get a blank connector to adapt a gen 3 alternator too.
Kind of a face palm moment.. lol
There goes my Sunday.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
https://www.ididiesel.com/

Have not seen this site before, clicked into it and poked around.
Then saw, made in Gillette, WY., that`s Justin, he is expanding his business.

Goat
I think it's a different company, because it has a different contact name, email, and phone number than Justin at R&D. Plus the guy at ididiesel isn't home right now according to the website, and Justin is. I called him this morning in prep to send him some stuff.

Whats also neat, is they have a recommendation vendors list, and both R&D and Russ are both on there.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn`t notice contact info, figured Gillette, Wy, and Justin.
I guess this new source of parts is giving Classic Diesel some competition.
That is great he is recommending Russ and Justin. We all need to stick together.

Goat