1991IDI Secret Project.....

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this may have been covered, but i'm to lazy to read all 5 pages lol. What color are your going to paint it?

Noob... heh heh heh... go to your control panel, and click edit options, change number of threads to display to 40.. only way I got thru your build thread, makes this one a page and a halfer.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. A quality job through and through! What's the deal with the white plate covering the area where that heater hose is going on the drivers side head?

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. A quality job through and through! What's the deal with the white plate covering the area where that heater hose is going on the drivers side head?

Thanks!
Thats a heat shield for the steering shaft u-joint. Want to try keep heat away from where it doesnt belong.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
a Cavalier? ok, looks nice, but not a ford. haha

Saw the first picture...not really my style

Second picture, Someone has put some time in, very nicely done...

Third picture...Northstar? I have an open garage bay to keep that in ;Sweet Please disregard previous statements!!! :hail

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Reallistically i want to stay in the low teens for boost pressure, possibly a little lower to start with. It will be experimentation from there but not until after i put some miles on to work out any potential bugs.
All charge piping is 3.5" as well as the intercooler and intake hat.

You got studs on that thing?;Really

nice project. makes me wanna go and build one

Oh yeah that is what I'm talking about........:sly

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got studs on that thing?;Really

Oh yeah that is what I'm talking about........:sly

No studs yet, thus boost pressure being left lower for this year.
One thing i have learned from previous big projects- dont change everything at once. I know the driveline worked well when removed so i want to leave it mostly as it is- it removes another variable for getting the kinks worked out. After everything is sorted out, tested and working as it should then it will be time for a driveline teardown. At that point it will get a thorough working over.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
As a guy with great love for big trucks, little trucks & IDI's, all I can say is "holy crap";Sweet:hail. This is by far the coolest scratch build I've ever seen. I can appreciate the time & effort you put into the Cavalier, but for god sakes man, dump that thing & show the truck.........

X2 on the DT466 if you weren't so far along already.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Other thing I wanted to say is someone a page or 2 back mentioned studs. My 88 was pushing 13psi with just the turbo (Sidewinder) & about 17psi with both water/**** nozzles flowing after Mel timed it for me & I never had a problem on stock head bolts.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dropped loadstar

The only thing that would be cooler is a crew cab loadstar. I'd donate a cab to a project like that. Eason