1991IDI Secret Project.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK... time to drag this guy out into the forum for all to see. Anytime somebody thinks they can scratch build a chassis and drop an IDI in it without telling us what they are up to... has another thing coming. :backoff

Spill the beans Mister!

LOL

a bit of a different project, but IDI powered none the less.

You must be registered for see images attach

The truck its in, may not be everyone taste but i love it- 1977 international loadstar- very custom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The posters avatar is 1991IDI

:dunno

Will Mr. 1991IDI please step forward.....

LOL

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... time to drag this guy out into the forum for all to see. Anytime somebody thinks they can scratch build a chassis and drop an IDI in it without telling us what they are up to... has another thing coming. :backoff

Spill the beans Mister!

LOL

Where to start. These pictures are a good part of the way into the project.

As stated it is a scratch built frame, 10,000lb bag at each corner. Using a diff out of a 1991 E350 minibus, also front spindles from the same vehicle on a scratch built solid axle. Setting it up for towing (5th wheel and regular ball) to drag my show car and my brothers show truck around the country/continent. I plan to summer daily drive it.
Its a 7.3 idi (as you could have guessed ;) ) running a powerstroke turbo on a custom mount. Modified stock manifolds and custom up-pipes, sent into a 3.5" downpipe, 5" exhaust and a single 5" stack. Pressurized air goes through custom 3.5" charge pipes into a dodge intercooler and then to a custom intake hat. Fuel is delivered by a holley RED electric pump. There is a A/C condenser converted to a trans cooler to keep the e4od from giving up from heat and a custom 3 core rad to cool the engine.
The plan is to run 15 or so PSI for starters on stock fuel system to ensure evrything works as it should- upgrading fuel delivery along the way the numbers may climb- if the intercooler doesnt take care of EGTs there will be Co2 spray for the intercooler and **** injection if necassary- i highly doubt i will get that far into it.
The cab and hood are from a 1977 international loadstar- being worked over and smoothed out. It will have a smoothed firewall, suicide doors, shaved door handles and a few other small details.
Thats about all i can think to write, any questions just ask.

Not sure where to start so the begining seems like a good place. I will post more as i have time.