1991IDI Secret Project.....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Can you show me in more detail what you done too hook the turbo up, how did you do the oil going into and comming out of the turbo?

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Heyyyyyy who went and stuffed that International gas "small block" in that loadstar :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Wicked build man!!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! At least there is plenty of room to put EVERYTHING where you want it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Very nice, the pictures from the beginning add that much more to the others! Cool project, do keep us picture posted as you progress! ;Sweet

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you show me in more detail what you done too hook the turbo up, how did you do the oil going into and comming out of the turbo?

The turbo oil feed is teed of the pressure sending unit, with steel hard line to the custom pedistal, from there it drains down a 5/8" tube to the top of the oil pan- sorry, i dont have any pictures at this point

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! At least there is plenty of room to put EVERYTHING where you want it.

I wish, that was the original thought too- as things go together there is almost no room for anything and i still have to fight to get my hands in some places (mostly air suspension related)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better not let Jay Leno find out about this! :sly

LOL

Awsome man. You got the shop, and skills for this, that's for sure. I wish I had that kind of space. I think you're going to get the credit for building the first real IDI Roadster, and who would have thought it would be in the form of a truck that large.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to know how you build the pedistal

The part that the turbo bolts to is 3/8" thick flat bar- drilled for bolt holes, a oil feed fitting welded underneath and a 5/8" tube for oil drain that is plumbed down to the oil pan that has a tube welded to it as well. From there its a matter of building a pedistal to fit your application.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726