1991IDI Secret Project.....

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better not let Jay Leno find out about this! :sly

LOL

Awsome man. You got the shop, and skills for this, that's for sure. I wish I had that kind of space. I think you're going to get the credit for building the first real IDI Roadster, and who would have thought it would be in the form of a truck that large.

A good part of the fabrication skills comes from my brother ;Sweet
On a side note he is likely to be building an idi powered vehicle soon too, it will be really nice as well.

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

The other donor vehicle

And of course a shameless plug for the car it will tow

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
so stinkin sweet man low is the only way to go ... for me atleast lots of nose bleed trucks around here still cool dont hate me guys

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
sweet car but "asking the front wheels of a car to do their normal job of steering while handling more than 170 bhp is like asking a man to wire up a plug while juggling penguins while making love to a beautiful women while on fire.. on stage in front of the queen.... its all going to go wrong!"

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a Cavalier? ok, looks nice, but not a ford. haha

I'm not much of a brand loyalist, although most things i have owned have been GM :eek: And the trucks not a ford either, technically ;)

so stinkin sweet man low is the only way to go ... for me atleast lots of nose bleed trucks around here still cool dont hate me guys

I love them low, its the way we build them. I havent owned a vehicle in a really long time that wasnt lowered on way or another.

sweet car but "asking the front wheels of a car to do their normal job of steering while handling more than 170 bhp is like asking a man to wire up a plug while juggling penguins while making love to a beautiful women while on fire.. on stage in front of the queen.... its all going to go wrong!"

Hmm, never heard that one before :rotflmao Its a ton of fun to drive (with well over that much power to the front wheels) There has been debate about going RWD but at this point i am more than happy with how it is.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP! A Caddy Nonstarter V8 in the Cav! :hail At first I just thought, oh, a lowered Caviler, looks pretty cool,.. but then I saw the Northstar,.. WOW Nice Job! That thing has to scoot pretty good!

Awesome job on the truck. This is going to be a fun build to watch! ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'm not much of a brand loyal guy either, I like all things mechanical and especially love to see guys put their heart and soul into something.

The car looks great! I like the looks of it and would like to know a little more about it. Start a new thread about it in the lounge.

The truck is coming along very nicely. I like the idea of it and look forward to seeing more pictures of the build.

You should be very proud of the car and truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726