093 ATS Grommet

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a financial mistake lol. Got it on a great deal, man so nice to tow a 18ft camper over a 30+ ft 5th wheel ... Can't wait to setup in a couple weeks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering a new Fuel pump, have my orings coming in for the feed line to IP, and going to install my return line kit hopefully this weekend so I can get her back on the road, hopefully the 20minute drive with a dying lift pump didn't hurt the IP.

Now i know this may be a stupid question but while driving with both tanks full of fuel, can you swap on the fly? I'm assuming there's a chance of air getting trapped and causing issues but I assume going down the road 40mph get low on front tank, switch to rear shouldn't cause much of an issue? Just asking as I plan on doing a fairly long trip soon and would like to just fill both tanks and go for as far as I can get without stopping.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never had any problems switching tanks, anytime or under any circumstances (except an empty tank). If air gets into the fuel lines, you have another problem.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I was just curious, I've never had to deal with dual tanks ever because every truck I've been in with dual tanks... only one worked. Nice to know and I'm just assuming there'll be some sort of air pocket between FSV and the pick up in a tank as it probably has no check valve and can drain back.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm just assuming there'll be some sort of air pocket between FSV and the pick up in a tank as it probably has no check valve and can drain back.
I'm just guessing here, but I don't think there would be much of any kind of air in there if the FSV is sealing properly. If the fuel tried to drain back, it would create a vacuum. Kind of like holding your finger over the end of a straw and then pulling the straw out of your drink. The liquid stays in the straw until you remove your finger.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced olive seals on IP feed line and once the truck warmed up and drove it for a minute the fuel filter light came back on.

Took filter off and drained it, it was full and no water and minimal debris looks like the showhead plastic from the tanks.

I can only assume my next culprit is the lift pump itself ... More $$$ again this truck is really testing my wallet and patience lol .

Also the timing marks on my pump housing are not correct it literally just smokes like a train set to that setting so I just pulled it back where it ran good and smoke tree again...

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing marks aren’t supposed to be lined up, you need a timing meter to time these engines
Okay I wasn't sure if those marks would set it to like a base that makes it run "mediocre".

I'm still searching for a shop here in NE Florida that even knows what I'm talking about with timing with a meter.

Runs good still till it warms up good then the fuel filter light comes on and it gets pissed off. Always something with these old trucks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you changed the fuel filter? If you have, make sure the feed line is clear. Blow back to the tank and make sure there’s no restriction, if it’s clear then your lift pump is weak.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you changed the fuel filter? If you have, make sure the feed line is clear. Blow back to the tank and make sure there’s no restriction, if it’s clear then your lift pump is weak.
Could my lift pump only weak when it's warm? Or does the IP increase fuel when the engine is warm?

I'll pull the feed line off, and see if I can blow through the line to the tank make sure it's not collapsed.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I wasn't sure if those marks would set it to like a base that makes it run "mediocre".

I'm still searching for a shop here in NE Florida that even knows what I'm talking about with timing with a meter.

Runs good still till it warms up good then the fuel filter light comes on and it gets pissed off. Always something with these old trucks

Good shop in Jax:
https://graysdiesel.com

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new lift pump. Tried to start wouldn't start check the motor.

Valley pan is full of diesel... I think the olive seals I ordered were not correct. Looks like I'm back to the drawing board lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online