093 ATS Grommet

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting this motor back in is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to do to a vehicle.

Nothing lines up, so I guess I'm going to u bolt the cross member and bring the transmission back an inch so I cna try and line up these motor mounts which just everything I do doesn't seem to even get me close... I have a feeling the bumper has to come off or something.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
victory, the passenger sid emount doesn't want to line up, but transmission is fully matted, and drivers side mount is loosely bolted in... thank christ.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am stumped. Oil pan shouldn't be leaking it's well sealed and stuck on. I threw a new front main seal, offset from the balancer so it's out of the groove. What else can leak in the front of these trucks ? Will upload video to show. It's substantial, same spot after oil pan was redone and new front main.... Pan wasn't damaged at all.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally installed the new one 2 hours ago. I offset it so it wouldn't sit on the groove from the balancer, the speedy sleeve wouldn't fit without machine work. I made sure the new main seal fit tight around the balancer and it did.

The groove isn't that deep either you can barely feel it ...

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New balancer? How long to you want to chase the problem?

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted on ordering a new balancer too and a new seal. Mine isn't badly grooved but it could be eccentric and not perfectly round.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This saga has finally ended, pulled the front cover, redid all the gaskets, cleaned, RTVed everything. no more leak.

When I had pulled the front cover there was about 1/8th inch of RTV missing on the pan hump, which is where I suspect all my oil was being pushed from. Been driving it daily for 4 days now, loving every minute of it. Need to make my CDR tube recirculate into the intake so I get less weird looks.

Need to order some Olive seals for the turbo feed, fuel line from filter head to pump, and fix the slow drip of diesel from the return line that goes to the tanks. Other than that I'm very happy with the truck, need to get some Orings and a new orifice tube and get my A/c professionally charged up. Then start looking into the cosmetics i need to fix.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only pictures I have lol. I tend to get so greasy and dirty I don't want to take pictures of the progress.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It desperately needs a good wash, clean wheels etc.

It's gonna be used as a toy, my daily when wife uses the car, and to tow my camper when hurricanes come by. There's a couple weird things this truck does but I just assume it's cause it's a 25year old truck

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but I just assume it's cause it's a 25year old truck
Yeah mine is a 86 greasy as a old buger king grill but as loyal an reliable as old faithful oh and as of last week my daily driver and pull pig lol and my wife call her my ***** due to how she thinks I run n her

You must be registered for see images attach

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the bull nose, but I'm glad mine is 94 factory turbo, Came from a 12v 96 Dodge Cummins 2wd to this... Other than the fact that these trucks are a bit more tempermental I much prefer this 7.3 idi over that 12v... Granted it may be that nice, solid 4x4 shifter on the floor...