093 ATS Grommet

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine is a 86 greasy as a old buger king grill but as loyal an reliable as old faithful oh and as of last week my daily driver and pull pig lol and my wife call her my ***** due to how she thinks I run n her

You must be registered for see images attach

Ahaha are you bumper pulling that? I do it all the time to move my gooseneck empty. Frowned upon but as long as your tongue weight is correct and the trailer is level it's also legal.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New saga in this truck story. Air intrusion issues.... Runs amazing, but sometimes it takes a lot to get it running... And sometimes it'll fully unbled.... No visible leaks, I know I need olive seals for the injection pump feed line, I probably need some for the lift pump to filter head.

I figured do all 4 of those seals, and new return line kit... Fsv Is brand new and no leaks. Figured I'd also do E-pump swap too and drop this new mechanical pump. Just frustrating to not have this truck trust worthy for a simple trip ( went to help a friend with his car he ended up having to help me instead to get home..)

Any thoughts and ideas appreciated.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I figured do all 4 of those seals,
There is two olives on the IP feed line and one on the lift pump steel line. There is a compression fitting on the bottom of the steel line where it attaches to the lift pump. If those olives are bad, they could be causing your issues. At least it's a good, cheap place to start. Why are you wanting to remove a new mechanical lift pump? They are actually pretty reliable and keep up well with the demands of a stock or slightly modified engine. You'll only run into issues with fuel delivery at double the factory horsepower (give or take and I may be wrong on that-it may be fine at double the stock power). With all of the quality issues that people seem to be having with electric pumps these days, I feel there's absolutely no need for me to eliminate the mechanical pump.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the mechanical pump, but I know if it gets to be where I can't get this air intrusion under control the pump will atleast prime the system easily.

Is there a post somewhere that tells you what size olive seals to get for the IP feed line, the one seal for the filter head, and the oil feed line for the turbo? I'd like to get all those replaced and sealed.

If those don't fix it ill do a return line kit... and maybe replace the complete line from FSV to the little 90* bend block on the last injector, figured I'd use some high quality rubber fuel line hose with a new push lock fitting at the FSV.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The olives on the IP feed line are 5/16". The one on the fuel filter feed line is 3/8" and I believe that the ones on the oil feed line to the turbo are also 3/8". I know that Wes sells these, I believe that Russ sells them, and Mel sells them. I believe that all three also sell return line kits in case you want to order everything at the same time and save some on the shipping. Any one of the three would be able to confirm what size the oil feed line is.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I might just do it all at the same time. I'll see I know when I pulled the IP feed the olive seals look like they've seen some better days, about as dry the Mojave desert... They surprisingly don't leak but I know diesel is much thicker than air.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs lots of work but it just went active 2-3 days ago.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs lots of work but it just went active 2-3 days ago.
Its a ton of work setting up but it really streamlines the checkout process for the customer and seller, it saves me a lot of time getting addresses and payment info from customers, all thats done automatically through my site now, looking forward to seeing some more of your parts on there!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't like some browsers. We are working on it.
I just checked it and it's being cranky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller