What do y’all pull with your truck?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

2001 RLDS Sandpiper 28', AKA- Home. I'll post some pics with it hooked up to the SuperDuke in my sig soon. Because I'm bound to be in the wind...again...shortly.
I see you have a gooseneck adapter. How many miles with that?
I'm considering buying a small 5th wheel, any advice for a hitch?

SLittle

Reaction score

My 5'er with my 17 foot fishing boat behind that. Just barely under the length limit. It's really too much without a turbo so I rarely pull both right now.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. No, There isn't. It is the proverbial 10 gallons of **** in a 5 gallon pail. I have to crawl in and out of the back tailgate....
Your dually is like the big brother to my race truck, love that color on these bullnose

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No. No, There isn't. It is the proverbial 10 gallons of **** in a 5 gallon pail. I have to crawl in and out of the back tailgate....
That's about what I thought. Has anybody told you that there's supposed to be several small sardines in a can, not one big one?:)

Tumbleweed210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you have a gooseneck adapter. How many miles with that?
I'm considering buying a small 5th wheel, any advice for a hitch?

I bought it thataway… ONLY because it was well below market value, and haven't had the money to change it back. With that said;

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND "hORSE TRAILERin" a fifth-wheel EVER...and I might ruffle some feathers, with that statement, so be it. I've seen too many bad results from doing it. In fact you can Joogle it...er...look it up.

These trailers are engineered to a slim margin; when the pivot point is changed, the same is true for the relationship between the forces that act upon the frame...especially the gussets and welds at the front step-up of the frame. Look for the wrinkles or bowing of the side wall... or even earlier the paint chipping and crazing off the welds on the exposed frame inside of the front cargo bay..... a lot of delam starts this way on fifths.

I used to work for one, of the only two, Winnebago Factory Dealerships outside of Forrest City, Iowa...the other one was in Florida.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7