What do y’all pull with your truck?

James Case

Reaction score
I tote a Mako 295. I originally bought the champagne 350 to pull it with when I initially bought the boat. Has early 2000’s lariat seats in it but unfortunately has a 351 and is a dog. I went and got my idi because the gas burner struggled pulling it. Specially at higher speeds. Couldn’t be happier with the diesel. Air bags help too!

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much whatever I need to haul. Mostly cars but occasionally parts.

That blue Dakota is my buddy's mud truck.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I haul whatever, got a 40' 5th wheel(way too heavy for the truck), and a couple goosenecks that I usually load heavy. The one thing I don't do, is haul fast, lol. But for a truck that I've got less than $6,000 into between cost, and improvements, I can't ask for much more.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I haul cows mostly. Horses too but mostly cows. My last trip to the other ranch I took 6 pregnant momma cows. About 2,000 lbs each, 6k for truck and 3 k for trailer 21k gross?
Most of the road is just a winding hill country 2 lane mostly have to concentrate on being smooth so not to drop any cows.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
The killer on my cowhaul route is the 7% 1.2 mile long climb straight up the canyon wall. Last trip is what prompted me to start working on the fuel system, dropped all the way to 2nd gear.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 25’ 14k gooseneck I load with what ever, mostly vehicles or tractors. Built sides for it so I can help people move, make a big run to the scrap yard, or haul rock if needed. Don’t have access to a dump trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't work mine very hard. I'll usually pull a trailer load of ATVs. About the heaviest I'll pull is a pickup trailer load of firewood. It doesn't struggle too much with either of these.

James Case

Reaction score
Luckily the only grades I deal with in south Mississippi are interstate over passes and the boat launch I pull the boat from

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 18ft trailer full of ATVs. even with the extra weight of the motorhome she gets the job done. :Thumbs Up

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the heaviest I've pulled that I know the weight of is my Bobcat M970 on a triple-mobile-home-axle beavertail pintle hitch trailer.
I'm figuring about 16K behind me, so 22K total or so. I was definitely not going any faster than 60 with that down the highway(poor brakes too), and slowed down into the 40s going up a 6% grade.
I've also hauled that Bobcat locally quite a bit(<45MPH, mostly gravel roads at <30) and she does quite nicely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7