Turbo Install

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
From what people say you should try and get a Hypermax since they seem to support our old engines better than others...

I would get a Hypermax if I could do it again....

Thad

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA! I have that image pulled up on my desktop now. The pipes from the manifolds look awful small.

i have a banks, not a hypermax, it came with my truck which i paid 350 for.. so i figured beggers cant be choosers..haha. anyway. on my banks, it looks like each side has about a 2 inch pipe coming off each manifold going to a Y then up to the turbo, id say its maybe a 3 inch output on other end of the y, not sure have not measured my overall exhaust looks to be 3 inch, which imo isnt big enough, thats why i want to replace most of it with 4 inch then to a single stack (easier than running an entire exhaust) ive also considered redoing my turbo with one thats a little bigger and wastegated.. but i dunno..

hope it helps a little. if you want to know exact size of pipes ill try to check. and hypermax has what appears to be ALOT better support for the 6.9s

dieselman29200

Pa. Oil Burner
Reaction score
I have the hypermax and bought it used and have pieced it together. I tryed to fab the up pipes and let me tell you they did not work well at all. Had exhaust leaks that could not be sealed resulting in loss of turbo boost. I wish I would have bought the hypermax ones from the start, would have saved me a lot of agrivation.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
My bad I keep forgeting that you already have pieces and parts. What are you lacking or are you just trying to figure out how this goes together?