The list

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not use the oil additive, diesel grade oil will keep these clean inside even if not maintained religously.
I would use a local shop for the injectors, a few bucks more spent will make a difference if you have any warranty issues. If they need reset later it wont cost anything with my guys. Food for thought.
I have the big intercooler out of my truck if you want it cheap, I paid 140 for it and I have some tubing also, for a little extra.

I like syn oils in trans and diffs.
Studs definately,summit 256.95 part number ARP-150.4069
I have corteco head gaskets in mine, no problems so far call hubler engines in cascadia ,tell matt I sent you
mailto:[email protected]

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would not use the oil additive, diesel grade oil will keep these clean inside even if not maintained religously.
I would use a local shop for the injectors, a few bucks more spent will make a difference if you have any warranty issues. If they need reset later it wont cost anything with my guys. Food for thought.
I have the big intercooler out of my truck if you want it cheap, I paid 140 for it and I have some tubing also, for a little extra.

I like syn oils in trans and diffs.
Studs definately,summit 256.95 part number

Well now we got conflicting-ness again when it comes to the AutoRx....to use it or not to use it, that is the question LOL.

True, but thats up in Portland, and thats a long drive :D. I'll keep it on mind though.

I might hit you up on that intercooler...since I dont tow much I think my water temp should be good. You wanna make me one of those fancy intake hats that you have?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get the 6.0 elbow I can fab it up for you. there is a short and tall,either will work, I have 2 propane hats left to mod one for you if you like.
The portland shop will ship it to you it is cheaper than driving anyway

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If you get the 6.0 elbow I can fab it up for you. there is a short and tall,either will work, I have 2 propane hats left to mod one for you if you like.
The portland shop will ship it to you it is cheaper than driving anyway

Well I will give that place a call, I never did do that. That was my main worry though, driving there and back would eat a LOT of fuel LOL.

Which one is better, a propane hat or a 6.0 intake elbow?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow, can I pick which bills they are :D

LOL All joking aside that sounds like a fair price, and I will hit you up on it ;Sweet. It probably wont be for a while though, gotta get my truck going again. Its raining right now otherwise I would be pulling the flywheel, I know an Oregonian not wanting to get rained on cookoo

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should move the stereo up the list... that's always my first step. You can just turn it up when you hear that new noise that the truck wasn't making yesterday... :rotflmao

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think you should move the stereo up the list... that's always my first step. You can just turn it up when you hear that new noise that the truck wasn't making yesterday... :rotflmao

Oh my goodness I hear you on that LOL ;Sweet. I always drive with the stereo barely on, the side window down, and the rear window open (so I can hear the awsome exhaust note). Everytime it makes a noise I'm like oh crap there goes something else lol.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jumped in with both feet on the auto-rx, we'll have to see how it does. At the rate I put miles on my truck it may not tell you anything in time to do you any good. The thing is if you don't auto-rx it you're probably stuck with mineral based diesel oils which would be just fine but like me, you seem to want synthetic. I have noticed a new little leak of some kind. Can't tell if its oil or diesel or something else, but it ain't coolant, so I don't know if I bumped something loose when I installed my new fuel supply line or if the front main seal is leaking or something else is leaking. Time will tell.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well maybe I'll rig up an RDT with an oil collection thing in it. Cause I'm burning some oil, not bad like maybe a quart every 500 miles....but do you know how much a quart of synthetic is :eek: . I know I get a lot of oil from my CDR, cause my CDR tube from the actual CDR to the intake has a ton of oil in it, along with the intake. Thats probably where most of my oil is going.