Parts list

jmh033089

Reaction score
So I grabbed a 93 f350 7.3idi turbo 5 speed 4wd parts Truck I'm taking the 5speed 4x4 and back axle, engine is probably toast, what good I grab off the engine and or body before sending it off to be flatted?

Rocknit4x4

Reaction score
You might be able to get cash for / sell turbo, hot side, headers, ip and injectors - either to individuals or possible to a rebuilder like R&D or CDD (at core charge price). I’ve also seen people asking big money for air intake box on eBay and fb marketplace. And you might be able to sell washer fluid / coolant reservoir and associated bracket - seems like they are pretty hard to find for the diesel from companies selling new parts - like LMC. Also consider the timing adapter on #1 injector - think those are no longer made and worth a few bucks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd pull the entire engine. If it's a Factory Turbo engine, the internals are worth some money. Unless there's a hole in the block or oil pan, even a N/A engine is worth something as a rebuildable core. I know that some people would like an engine to rebuild for future use.

Reggie f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you in the Chicago area? I'm interested in parts. I'm not in Illinois right now but I need to go back.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I grabbed a 93 f350 7.3idi turbo 5 speed 4wd parts Truck I'm taking the 5speed 4x4 and back axle, engine is probably toast, what good I grab off the engine and or body before sending it off to be flatted?
What’s the symptoms that you think the engine is toast?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
If the engine is a factory turbo, it is worth saving even if it has a hole in the block. The rods, crank, flywheel and other parts are special items and can be sold or traded in any number.

jmh033089

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be pulling it, and if it's as bad as I think I can part it out, if it'd worth saves pellet it and have a back up n for mine. Been sitting uncovered hood for 5 plus years, was told the guy that sold it to me checked it out and it was gone, no oil has been in it for years. We will see and I will update over the next few months. I have a shop doing most of the heavy lifting and work since I don't have the time.
What’s the symptoms that you think the engine is toast?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online