Bigger parts coming

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
('94 CC Dually 7.3idiT)
So I finally got the Allison in (From CAConversion in Florida) along with a reverse front shackle on a Dana 60. Then with a coil to leaf spring change over in addition to a 4x4 conversion. Add the Eaton Truetrac rear diff and an Elocker front diff along with the Promar built 7.3 idiT. Add some injectors, glow plugs, rebuilt turbo and the IP, Not to forget about the fan blade upgrade. About two weeks after the wife cheated on me and moved to Heaven without me, I finally get the truck on the road. That was back around the middle of May when I got the truck on the road. Not a daily driver and working on a few bugs of my own doing as we go. I still have a few to go and by and large this is starting to become something.
Bigger Parts coming(?)
If the wallet grows enough I am considering an injector, turbo and IP upgrade without getting into a turbo whine or any other strange noises at idle.
The inter-cooler upgrade might be nice and I believe I would be hanging the cooler down under the front bumper. Being as this is an asphalt 4x4 the Dana 60 has raised up vehicle ride height so I might be able to tuck it in there somewhere.

That Alison runs an over sized cooler for it with 1/2 inch oil supply lines. It's the size of the A/C condenser. So from the radiator to the condenser, add the trans cooler and I am about an inch to the grill at best. Inter cooler might get bracketed to the reverse front shackle and then painted flat black.
I took it out the other night and it doesn't look too bad. The flag behind the truck is on it's own pole.
I just wish the wife was around to see it on the road.
All dressed up and no where to go.
White Pearlescent paint job probably next year.
I thank you good people for your time spent reading this and any suggestions you might have.
God Bless!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Glad to see it on the road!

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it needs the pearl paint, Larger fuel system parts, inter-cooler, hidden 5th wheel hitch, (2017?) front bumper with an electric winch, and somewhere around 15K it should be about done. However that transfer case still has a provision for a PTO pump. . .

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Beautiful truck.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, though I'm glad she's upstairs waiting for you. :)
Awesome work getting that truck on the road! It's a beauty. You might consider doing a few tows before tearing it up again with more fuel parts though, if nothing else to have a good before and after.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you one and all for your kind words, wishes, hopes and prayers.
Empty it feels like it has a lack of power. I got the timing set a bit better and that did help. Next question is one of inter-cooler first or the turbo, I/P and injectors?
I had some guy in a newer truck, they all pretty much look the same,
chase me uphill today. He was pulling a trailer with two motorcycles on it and while I was able to outrun his single rear tire toy, I did have to work at it a bit much. I have a feeling his 10 speed trans against my 6 speed trans is what kept him as close to me as he was.
I believe the turbo upgrade I get will be the stage one kit. I don't need to listen to a turbo whine unless the cooler kit comes first.
What say you wise people?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's got the factory turbo and that does help loads over the ugly '87 F250 6.9 in comparison that I own. Speaking of which, needs to go away very soon.
So a bigger turbo - I/P and injectors first?
Which I believe is cheaper.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Bigger turbo, injectors, and IP all at once. You could probably get away with just the turbo, but the IP won't be able to fuel it properly.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, currently I am starting to scrape nickels together and haven't done that for some time. I/P, Turbo and Injectors are on the distant horizon currently. Now if things change shortly, then this will happen much, much sooner. As of now, I am expecting nothing prior to December and maybe not then either.
After that should come the inter-cooler and the engine should be done.
Then comes another paint job, front winch bumper, hidden 5th wheel hitch and I fergit what else.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have my condolences regarding your wife. I can't imagine what you're going through with that.

It's nice to see the project coming along, haven't read about this allison swap in a while since the fuel line leak. If you don't have enough room for an Air-air unit, look into a air-water intercooler, as you can get those radiators in 1" thickness. In order of power creation, bigger/better pump is first on the agenda. Followed by better turbo and an intercooler. Any turbo making more then 15psi should have an intercooler IMO, so anything more then a level 1/factory kit should have one.

IMO injectors aren't needed unless you're fueling a whole bunch, as stock units flow quite a bit and support a fair amount of HP as is.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have driven this toy long enough that the TCM for the Allison is learning the shift pattern. It would learn a lot faster if I didn't live in the hills. That truck is in dire need of more power to make the Allison a bit happier and i have a feeling that i will be purchasing upgraded parts over the long term. This OBS (Over Budget Silliness) has become an asphalt boat. Boat. You know. A hole in the water you throw money into except this one is on the asphalt.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have driven this toy long enough that the TCM for the Allison is learning the shift pattern. It would learn a lot faster if I didn't live in the hills. That truck is in dire need of more power to make the Allison a bit happier and i have a feeling that i will be purchasing upgraded parts over the long term. This OBS (Over Budget Silliness) has become an asphalt boat. Boat. You know. A hole in the water you throw money into except this one is on the asphalt.
believe me I know all about the boat analogy. I'm in the same "boat".
are you seriously running an Alison without a turbo? you need a turbo man!

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nero is right my 6.9 ats 085 stock ip will make ~10 psi how I have the fuel set now
My buddy put a r and d stage one turbo on his ats 093 (stock turbo) kit stock ip and it makes a whopping 3 psi on a good day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online