The Eastern IDI Rally begins

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning Yall! :thumbsup: Looks like it is going to be a great southern day. Started out on the cool side this morning, but should warm to the mid 80's. ;Sweet Had a small get together last night. Will be looking for the convoys to arrive later today. Will be great to see old friends and meet some new ones. Wish all could have come down, but we will try to keep everyone up to date, as much as the fun will allow. Have a good WIFI connection here so should be able to bring the rally to you VIA the internet. :thumbsup: ;Sweet

Sure hate that the ones that are not here are going to miss out on Tanya's Fried Green maters and sweet tea.

TTFN more to come as folks start to arrive!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm sorry we couldn't make it BJ, sounds like you guys put together a nice rally. Work load just sux for us this year. Have fun, keep us informed. Russ

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
Take pics of EVERYTHING! Hope everyone has fun and no one runs into any IDI troubles... Keep it safe

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Rawpower said:
Take pics of EVERYTHING! Hope everyone has fun and no one runs into any IDI troubles... Keep it safe

Too late!I give up until after the rally when my Stage 1 shows up......I shall be attending the rally in a Ranger.Guess someone has to bring up the tail end of the convoy.Hey,Travis,Wanna buy the Christine,I mean the Enterprise back?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Freight- just toss an IDI engine block in the bed of the Ranger and you'll be good to go. ;Sweet

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
Now that would be an awesome rally. Bring two IDI blocks to a rally and everyone rebuild them in a week then sell them and donate all the profit.

Of course, some of us go on vacation to get away from our IDI's... er... I mean... troubles.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings from the rally and chatanooga! I'm on my blackberry phone so excuse the poor formatting. Trip went very well. Mother nature did as expected and waited until the last 50 miles to throw everything she could at our 6 truck convoy, including 6 poundings of hail. Still don,t know if there is any damage. All is wet, just like always. She tries to get the Moose Truck every time. Loves to make tent campers miserable too. Everybody but freight is here, some with there own tales of struggle to share. Tims 79 conversion looks sweet, even wet in the dark. Got both our rigs weighed on the way... Lady is just under 16K with the camper, and Moose just under 15K with the Moosestang on the trailer. Imprerssed with the DPS stuff. I need an intercooler though. BTW looks like lightning took out the campgroung wifi.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly! We just did a five day camp and I griped cause the MIL had to have electric...geesh, with all those luxuries, I would just as well get a room! :) Hope you all have a great time.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW looks like lightning took out the campgroung wifi.

Sounds like they are really ruffing it hu,..?

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
We were lucky to even get a bottle of water that wasn't boiling hot in the summer or frozen in the winter while triing to keep the tent from blowing down in a sandstorm while fighting flies over in Afghanistan and Iraq and whenever you went somewhere on a mission you often didn't have anyplace to sleep.

Don't forget the nightly fireworks displays of rockets:eek: , morters:hail and tracer rounds either :shoot: ...it was like the 4th of July over there almost every day.

After 3 tours with 2 years combined of camping like that I'll prolly never do it again.cookoo

On the serious side I hope everbody has a great and safe time down yonder in ChooChoo!!!

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't light off an IDI to celebrate the 4th! Out here in California, we can't even light off a bottle rocket!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
We were lucky to even get a bottle of water that wasn't boiling hot in the summer or frozen in the winter while triing to keep the tent from blowing down in a sandstorm while fighting flies over in Afghanistan and Iraq and whenever you went somewhere on a mission you often didn't have anyplace to sleep.

Don't forget the nightly fireworks displays of rockets:eek: , morters:hail and tracer rounds either :shoot: ...it was like the 4th of July over there almost every day.

After 3 tours with 2 years combined of camping like that I'll prolly never do it again.cookoo

On the serious side I hope everbody has a great and safe time down yonder in ChooChoo!!!

Yeah, but it is because guys and gals like you make that sacrafice that we get to celebrate this fine holiday...THANKS!
Scott

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
well wifi or not, we're still having fun!

Attachments

• DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 69