The Eastern IDI Rally begins

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it home safe and sound. Thanks again to BJ and Tanya. A real good time. Got to meet a few new folks and see some fimilar faces. It was really nice to have my IDI this year. Thanks to everyone for making this a great rally. Trooper enjoyed the trip as well. Can't wait to see where we're all heading to next year.

Heath

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well we made it home all went well got soaked to the bones though in Gattlinsburg on the bike and had to ride all of the next day just to dry our coats out LOL BJ and Tonya put on a great rally all ready planning my Mods for next years rally

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe I can convoy with you to the next one! Sure wish I could have made this one. I am in my final MBA class, it is online and had I known there was wifi, I could have prolly made it. Maybe we will have a camper next year as well. We just usually do the tent thing since selling the RV.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
That would be great Scott we do the tent thing all the time

Sounds good! Will look forward to it. Already told the wife about it and she is about always ready to camp, matter of fact, we camped out in the yard last night as my daughter was having withdrawals! We just spent 4 days at Hueston woods a couple of weeks ago, but you know how that goes.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
fx4wannabe said:
Gotta love camping. We're going up to the lake next weekend ourselves. I love the woods.

Yes, we do, but Hueston woods was like moving to the city for me. We own a farm in the country and can camp in the back yard, in the woods and never see anyone. The campground there is all open grass camp sites and was full up when we were there, so it was like moving into a city for me! It was my wife's family outing and many of them live in Columbus, so just seeing grass seemed to make them think they were in the wilds! :rotflmao

I like to take the old Ford out in the middle of nowhere and set up camp, now that is camping! We like to go to South Bass Island up on Lake Erie. They have the nicest facilities of about anywhere I have been, many of the sites are secluded as well, so you can camp out and enjoy it.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
Yes, we do, but Hueston woods was like moving to the city for me. We own a farm in the country and can camp in the back yard, in the woods and never see anyone. The campground there is all open grass camp sites and was full up when we were there, so it was like moving into a city for me! It was my wife's family outing and many of them live in Columbus, so just seeing grass seemed to make them think they were in the wilds! :rotflmao

I like to take the old Ford out in the middle of nowhere and set up camp, now that is camping! We like to go to South Bass Island up on Lake Erie. They have the nicest facilities of about anywhere I have been, many of the sites are secluded as well, so you can camp out and enjoy it.

If the national rally ever gets big enough to move farther west, I'd show you guys some camping in the most beautiful mountain wilderness you've ever seen. No one around for miles. Forest Ranger may come through on his horse every few days. Most of New Mexico has gotten pretty substantial amounts of rain the last few weeks so the forests are starting to re-open. Very hard to camp here without fire for warmth and cooking so they just close them to the public.

Tom

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
If the national rally ever gets big enough to move farther west, I'd show you guys some camping in the most beautiful mountain wilderness you've ever seen. No one around for miles. Forest Ranger may come through on his horse every few days. Most of New Mexico has gotten pretty substantial amounts of rain the last few weeks so the forests are starting to re-open. Very hard to camp here without fire for warmth and cooking so they just close them to the public.

Tom

That would be awesome! But not a 4.10 geared, T19 bolt action, no turbo, no overdrive trip for my IDI. Would have to bring something different! :)