The Eastern IDI Rally begins

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FELLOW BOOBS!There is NO WAY I am ever going to one of those other inferior engines with great folks like the ones backing these!Just got word that since I couldn't bring the Enterprise to the Rally the Rally is gonna come to the Enterprise!What a great bunch of folks!EZ is comming down in his truck hauling Mel's Trailer along with who knows who else and drigging the now running(Pump died on me and had to swap it out) Enterprise to the rally to help me fix the blown out brake hard line and whatever else we find wrong.Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

The IDI crowd is known for getting things done... Very cool.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirreltow had to find another boat to pull around. To much work around home needed to be done. The truck is doing great. I have new injectors to install, gasket for the turbo, and other wonderful projects to see if Mel and Joe will help with when they get back from the Rally.
Sounds like everyone is having a great time down South.
Up here in the Northern parts, the rain from last week is still playing some havic to the rivers, makes for great flooding.

From the picture, it does not look like there was any damage from the 6 hail storms, so that is great.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Will do.I hope everyone has had their Tetanus Shots cause the mixture of Northern Salt contamination and Southern Humidity/rain has not been kind to the already present rust.Still though,Just a little bit of Sanding and some light bondo work and you couldn't tell.....but,that is after the rally.Got a high quote from a buddy of $2500 to paint the E.I am guessing between $2500-3000 since he quoted me sight unseen with my rough discription.

Freight,
That sounds pretty close from what I am doing on the truck formerly known as Goldilocks. :Sly
With heavy floor pan, rocker panel(all 4), front fenders, front doors and a core support repairs/replacement.
Then there is the close to 3 gallons of paint for these large ladies. :eek:
You can see what the rust belt does, in my link on Operation Golddigger link, and see how much is hiding that you can't see. :eek: :puke: :puke: :puke:
But hey they're worth it if it is all ya need for a pickemup truck. :thumbsup:

That's great that the guys are headed yer way for the "E".
Might be a moment of silence shared tho when they see her again. :eek:

:D

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having a great time at the rally guys. Ya'll did a great job and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirreltow said:
Squirreltow had to find another boat to pull around. To much work around home needed to be done. The truck is doing great. I have new injectors to install, gasket for the turbo, and other wonderful projects to see if Mel and Joe will help with when they get back from the Rally.
Sounds like everyone is having a great time down South.
Up here in the Northern parts, the rain from last week is still playing some havic to the rivers, makes for great flooding.

From the picture, it does not look like there was any damage from the 6 hail storms, so that is great.

Sounds good. I hope the new injectors make a difference (were any of the old ones bad??) The turbo gasket didn't have too many miles on it (as many as were on the turbo... maybe 30,000)... how could you tell it was bad?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,turns out the plan wasn't fully planned out so no hauling.Oh well,Just shows though that if it was possible they would do it.Heck,if this rain stops(left early,drove an average of 90MPH,and get home to a PARKED popcorn thunderstorm......Figures) I will get out there and fix that line and drive it for the last official day of the rally.GRRRR,Nothing has gone right on the repairs so far.But,it is running finally.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Freight,

Then there is the close to 3 gallons of paint for these large ladies. :eek:

:D

Sounds like it might be time for you to experience the joys of HVLP.
I shot my truck with a gallong of urethane. Well thats really 3 qts of paint and 1 qt of activator, so you get 1 gallon of spayable paint. The job had a few thin spots so I am redoing it, but I will not use even 2 full gallons total. If you are using the old High pressure guns you end up wasting almost half the paint to the atmosphere.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Michael Fowler said:
Sounds like it might be time for you to experience the joys of HVLP.

That's what I have. Only problem is that I am shooting the entire truck inside, out and underneath with a trick color. :Sly
I love the HVLP setup much better that the ole Binks type guns. ;Sweet
Hopefully she'll be ready for the Midwest Rally.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy 4 th to all, We have been having a great time here at the rally. Last night was the surprise clinic. Thanks Idieselman for the pump!
After dinner last night we took a 6.9 injector pump apart which took alot of work but now we all have a much better understanding of the workings of these pumps!

:hail Ken :hail My friend you earn every bit of the money you get for your pumps!!! When it is time for us to get a pump I will be calling you!

Pick will be posted soon :thumbsup:

IDIeselman

Reaction score
BJ, Thanks to you and Tanya for one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. Everyone and everything was great. Except your sweltering weather :D , We made it home in 13 hours straight through, traveling at 80 MPH and averaged 12 MPG. The old man revolted at the last fuel stop and burnt 6 glow plugs. So Today I will be replacing them bosh plugs with new beru's, In sunny 68* weather with a nice 10 mph breeze : ;Sweet .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see folks are making it home OK. For those of you who are missing this great event, and the chance to meet Tim and Carrena and see his wonderfull 78', and all the other great trucks and folks, my feeling go out to you. This is a super time down here. We just got back from the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, so you know I'm having a good time! BJ and Tanya rode in the Moose Truck with old glory flying, and leading the convoy to the rails. Yesterday was the great trip to the aquarium, and we all got to pet sharks and stingrays. Very interesting. Every IDI Weekend is different, and this one will be well remembered just like the rest. We had 17 trucks in the group shot yesterday, and unfortunately I can't post any pics cause I forgot my download cable. :sorry: Much more to talk about when we get the pics up. I've lost count of the number of states represented here, but we have just about everything between florida and Michigan. The heat isn't that bad. I'm off to the pool. And for Ron, who was no doubt hoping to eclipse last years pool shot, there was an opportunity to catch me naked in nothing but a towel Sunday after Midnight, but nobody was alert enough to catch it. LOL

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Sorry I couldnt make it, been busy driving across the country, I probably passed up a bunch of ya'll when I was heading north outta Tenn for NY on 95. Maybe next year i'll make it down there, Have fun ya'll! ;Sweet

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Howdy ya'll. I'm soooo bummed out that I couldn't make it this year. If the sale of our house is gonna go thru, it'll be dun by July 6th and get the friggin' money by next week. Hopefully that'll give us time/money to get to the Indiana Rally Aug. 4th. Gotta git the A/C workin' afore "Management" will authorize the trip. After the rally we could stop by to meet anyone in the area 'tween there and here. If'n ya'd like, email yer address and directions to yer homestead.
I'm glad ya'll are havin' a great time. If'n ya think it's hot there.... it has been 100+ in the shade around here:eek: . Yeah, I'm feelin' sorry for myself...whine, whine, whine. Happy 4th of July to EVERYONE, and ESPECIALLY to ya'll over in "the Arm Pit of the World". Be SAFE ya'll. :cheers: , OkieG

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well We sure had a lot of fun here, Tanya and BJ Thank you :hail for all the good work and coordination to make this rally so perfect, there is a list of things You have to take care so We all could have fun so I thank You both.

Viviana and Exekiel.