Stranded! And the only thing I can do is get it towed

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because ever since I've got this truck, I want to make it look like my old military truck.
OD green with my old unit insignia.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im all over that.... one being designed by a good friend this weekend.
same guy that designed the bumper on the SD

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because ever since I've got this truck, I want to make it look like my old military truck.
OD green with my old unit insignia.

You must be registered for see images attach

A Seabee??? What career field?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
retired as a BUCR after 4.5 years. LOL
i ended up as a machinist.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i spent alot of time at the EA offices.
did most of my construction in okinawa, japan.

i designed a beer garden at camp hansen in Okinawa
and pipeline pedestals in whitebeach, okinawa.
project leader for a MLO warehouse block construction.

i built a daycare in kunag-ju south korea,

layed 10 miles of AM2 matting in hati,

at homeport, in port hueneme, CA, they put me in charge of P&E.

then i found out i was having a son, and got out as quick as i could.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a really smart move. Military life is terribly hard for children.

1995 Ford F250 SCLB 4wd ZF5 7.3L PSD, stock.

best decision i ever made.
been working here ever since.
but now i own the company ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Which is why owning an electric vehicle is pointless for me, unless they got the cost down low enough that I could viably own three vehicles...

Tim.. I'm betting most electric car owners have no idea what happens to the worn out batteries when they finally fail. At this time nobody recycles them so its yours to take home. So here you are at the dealer and they install a new battery.. Your as happy as a puppy with 2 petters. Then they tell you ... Thats your battery and you have to take it with you.. We do not want it. They weigh over 1000 lbs and sure as hell wont fit in the trunks of those battery cars. Maybe they give you a loaner trailer to get it home and plant it on the lawn or in the driveway.. Yeah.. Its a hidden problem you find out bout when its too late to change....I'm really not aragont enough to drive a pius or other electric car. I was driving my daughters 2015 Acura. There is no ignition to put a key in nor is there a key like I'm used to using. Al you need is to have the remote in the car. Then don't forget to press the brake. then push the red START botton and let go. It starts on its own. When you want to shut it down again press the start button. Leave the car with the remote and the doors auto lock as you walk away... WTH.. So I walk back to the car just to check if the doors are locked and you guessed it.. The doors open because of the remote in my hand or pocket.So that car is parked in front of my home. Daughter is in Florids on business and I have her car. Get to make another trip to LAX and pick her up Saturday I think.. I do not like her new car at all. Way too many bells and whistles. Driving to the LAX she told me make sure you use the turn signals when changing lanes or the steering wheel starts bouncing telling you to use them. Wow. Another bells is if you use a turn signal and someone is in your blind spot that rear view mirror flashes a yellow caution sign and a buzzer goes off.....I know what your going to tell me... READ THE BOOK.... Nope.. I like driving by the old ways.....

gandalf

Reaction score
... READ THE BOOK.... Nope.. I like driving by the old ways.....

Good morning World. There's some truth to what you say, Gary. My daughter has had her Prius (Note the spelling on that!!) for 3 or 4 years now. I have not driven it yet. When she flies out of town she parks her car here, in the driveway. It's easier and more convenient than fetching her from her house. I drive her and pick her up at the airport.

Her previous car was a Camry, a 1992 model I think. I totaled that on the freeway for her. I was completely innocent, though, and have the CHP report to prove it. Our very own Calvin did the insurance estimate, and the insurance company totaled it. That's when she bought the Prius. She gets better mileage than The Warden's TDI.